Play in stereo mode without a menu?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hxh167

I bough the Teldec Beethoven No.4&5. I am playing it on my JVC XV-SA75GD. The player decodes it and then output to my receiver in 6 channel direct input mode (6 RCAs from the player to the receiver). I have no problem of listening it in multi-channel mode. In other thread you people are talking about playing the DVD-A stereo mode tracks without accessing the menu since there is no menu to access the stereo tracks. How could I do it? I tried to change the audio mode on the player and got nothing. There is only one audio mode(1/1). Any suggestion? TIA.

Hsin

Normally you can access the different audio tracks by selecting the group. Some panasonic based players have a button labelled 'group' to select the different audio tracks.
So you need to check your manual to find the button allowing you to change the group.

But....
The Teldec beethoven releases do not have a seperate group for stereo. On my discs there is no on screen menu which gives the stereo or multichannel playback selection.
So I guess that to enjoy these discs in stereo you need to rely on your players downmix capability.

Frank

What do you hear if you set your receiver to DIGITAL IN instead of "6 Ch Input" when you play back a DVD-A? Isn't this automatically the stereo Hi-Rez track?

:-jon

No, you get a down mix with a lower resolution.
Some copy protected discs give a 'cannot downmix' message on the display so there is probably no digital output through the spdif output.

Frank

That's really odd. They clearly stated on the box that there is a stereo version of the music. How come we cannot access it? Anyone asked Teldec before?

I went to BestBuy yesterday and saw a different package for these Teldec Beethoven discs. These are like regular CD cases but labeled as DVD Audio discs. The ones I bought are the Super Jewel Box. Is there any difference in the content between these two versions? Or they are the same and just happen to have different packages.

You cannot rely upon the packaging to be accurate. The only way to find out is to play the darn thing.

Well, check the menu on your television. Then you now If your version has a menu giving you the option to select the stereo track.

I only get my beethoven discs in stereo if I rely on my players downmix capability.

Frank

Back