Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream DVD-A for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay - My copy of Stupid Dream has started to do something odd. First I couldn't access the Piano Lessons video now I can't access anything beyond the MLP tracks. Well, I assume they are the MLP tracks because when I press the display button on my player (a Denon BDP-2012) it shows MLP 5.1. Thinking there might be something wrong with the disc I dusted down the old Pioneer DV575 and lo - it will play the DVD-V content but not the MLP stuff. So I cloned the disc and the same thing happens on the back up.

The disc is shafted, isn't it?

BTW sorry for the necro-post

Press 'TOP MENU' on your player's remote to access the main menu.
There you can choose a track (including the two bonus tracks), switch the Audio stream between MLP 5.1 and PCM stereo, or access the bonus material, including the music video.
(Though I will admit that this particular DVD-A doesn't have the greatest navigation compared to others)

Thanks both.

Used DVD Decrypter then imgburn. The appropriate files are in their respective folders. Any who, as this is the only disc I have which is manifesting this problem and as it doesn't want to play properly in either of my universal players, it seems more likely to be the disc than either of the players. Not to worry.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think DVD Decrypter rips the contents of the AUDIO_TS folder though, does it? It was my understanding that the development of the software ceased before the technology to break DVD-A encryption was invented. So if it's copying the AUDIO_TS folder, it may not be breaking the encryption. I would suggest giving DVDFab 9 a go for doing your disc clone as I know it definitely rips the AUDIO_TS folder properly.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think DVD Decrypter rips the contents of the AUDIO_TS folder though, does it? It was my understanding that the development of the software ceased before the technology to break DVD-A encryption was invented. So if it's copying the AUDIO_TS folder, it may not be breaking the encryption. I would suggest giving DVDFab 9 a go for doing your disc clone as I know it definitely rips the AUDIO_TS folder properly.
If the disc in question is stupid dream then there is no need to decrypt as it's not encrypted...

And dvd-decrypter only deals with the video_ts folder.

Back