Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream DVD-A for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know why the second batch was in stock on 6/19 and out of stock on 6/21? Are they really selling that well or did they print just a few in the second batch?

I tried to order one from the second batch after the 19th and it immediately went to out of stock. I don't know whether or not my order was placed.

George

Does anyone know why the second batch was in stock on 6/19 and out of stock on 6/21? Are they really selling that well or did they print just a few in the second batch?

I tried to order one from the second batch after the 19th and it immediately went to out of stock. I don't know whether or not my order was placed.

George

If you got an order notification with a confirmation number your order probably was successful. You could always E-Mail them and ask.

If you got an order notification with a confirmation number your order probably was successful. You could always E-Mail them and ask.

Their email reply was rather vague. I hope for the band's sake Stupid Dream is really selling well enough to go out of stock in two days. Good for them.

George

Their email reply was rather vague. I hope for the band's sake Stupid Dream is really selling well enough to go out of stock in two days. Good for them.

George

I ordered mine somewhere around the beginning of June which came from the second batch so technically if they are showing out of stock now, it took 3 weeks or so of pre-orders to use up the second batch. Who knows how many was in the second batch as well?

My disks arrived today. I'm very favorably impressed. Great music, great sound. May the band keep selling out of stock; just keep replenishing.

Its difficult to not like this; but, then, I'm not trying too hard.

George

That aligns with my thinking of the moment...

I'd been listening to Deadwing solidly for a year, going back to In Absentia several times but usually the first half or so and off to something else.

Then Stupid Dream arrives like a familiar old friend and I accept how great these songs are all over again. :smokin: Baby Dream In Cellephane.........

Though hard to pick I think the best track on this is "Stranger By The Minute". Also, I see that as of July 20 it will be available on amazon.

Even Less is the classic tune, This Is No Rehearsal and Tinto Brass work very well. He did the mix more or less as I'd hoped he would. :)

I cannot pick a favourite tune.
It was "Even Less".
Then it was "Don't Hate Me" - that is just superb.
Tinto Brass is also great - in fact, there isn't a bad track on it.

Makes me wonder what the new album will be like...and I don't mean "Lightbulb Sun" or the Live album.
We;ll have to wait until next year though, I suspect.

Makes me wonder what the new album will be like...and I don't mean "Lightbulb Sun" or the Live album.
We;ll have to wait until next year though, I suspect.
Not that long actually, since the band plans "to use the first half of the concerts in both Europe and the USA to present completely new music" (according to their website).

All tour dates are here : http://porcupinetree.com/tour.cfm

I will be able to tell you more about the new material after the Paris gig on Sept. 15th ;)

Not that long actually, since the band plans "to use the first half of the concerts in both Europe and the USA to present completely new music" ;)

Neil is right. The time it will take for them to go to a studio to record, mix in surround, and get it onto shelves will take us into next year---easily.

Neil is right. The time it will take for them to go to a studio to record, mix in surround, and get it onto shelves will take us into next year---easily.
I don't deny Neil is right, misunderstanding here ;)

Neil was wondering what the next album would be like.

I was just saying that we'll get a hint before next year - that is, in September/October during the next tour.

Of course, it will be live, it will only a few songs, but it will give us a hint about the direction. I'm also really wondering where the band will go this time. They always kind of (nicely) surprised me, they don't repeat themselves, and that's a trademark of the great bands !

i may be wrong, but it seems to me that the dobule cd/dvd-a package is available via amazon germany and i saw it at a store here today as well

I don't deny Neil is right, misunderstanding here ;)

Neil was wondering what the next album would be like.

I was just saying that we'll get a hint before next year - that is, in September/October during the next tour.

Of course, it will be live, it will only a few songs, but it will give us a hint about the direction. I'm also really wondering where the band will go this time. They always kind of (nicely) surprised me, they don't repeat themselves, and that's a trademark of the great bands !

Latest info I have is that there are indeed going to be most of the songs from the next studio album played on the forthcoming tour, so we will get to hear them before they are released.
There is around 50 minutes worth of new material recorded so far.....

Steven Wilson said on the PT web site and I think he won't mind if I copy it here:
SW said:
"Apologies to those that purchased the 2 disc Stupid Dream reissue from PT believing it to be exclusive to our store. This was the original plan, but since the reissue was announced for pre-sale on the 8th May the band agreed to Snapper making the double version available for a limited time through regular retail outlets. Unfortunately due to an oversight this information was not relayed through this site, so many apologies to those who could have waited and bought it cheaper at their local store or mail order outlet, some of whom seem to be selling it for less than it costs us to buy copies from Snapper wholesale! Perhaps it is some smalll consolation that if you did buy it from us direct you are helping to recoup the money the band spent on reworking, authoring, and mastering the stereo and surround sound discs, and the new artwork. Anyway, I hope everyone is happy with the new version, I certainly am. Lightbulb Sun is next on the agenda for the same treatment, but not until after the next new PT studio record."

Last edited:
Now this is some great news!

I have no problem putting out a few bills for the cause. With Lightbulb Sun on the horizon and new efforts in between, we are in for a treat.:smokin

PLUS they've started offering flac downloads of some rarer recordings and live music from the download store section of www.burningshed.co.uk which should pi$$ off some of the ebay mafia types which is another bonus :)

~M~

Back