Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream DVD-A for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ge Someone

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream DVD-A for pre-order now
and HERE it is
A brand new edition of the long out of print 1999 studio album by Porcupine Tree, considered to be one of their best. The album contains PT classics such as Even Less, Pure Narcotic, Tinto Brass, and Stop Swimming, and has been lavishly revamped into a definitive 2 disc set. Disc one is a CD containing a pristine remix / remaster of the original stereo album, while disc two is a DVDA (playable on any DVD player) containing the album remixed into 5.1 surround sound (in DVDA and DTS versions), as well as a 24 bit high resolution version of the stereo mix. Also included are 5.1 mixes of bonus tracks Ambulance Chasing and the full length 14 minute version of Even Less, the promo video for Piano Lessons, and a photo gallery. The artwork has also been completely revamped, with exceptional new images by Lasse Hoile, and a beautiful package designed by Carl Glover. This is the definitive version of one of the essential albums in the PT catalogue.

Released on 15/5/2006 - Preorder now for £13.00 GBP == $19.40 USD == €19.00 EUR

Hmm, I wonder why it is cheaper in US :confused:

Because we always get ripped off in the UK.
I thought everyone knew that - check out HMV prices for DVD-A - £29.95 for Queen, and similar pricing for the rest.

It's a great album though.

neil wilkes said:
I thought everyone knew that
So did I, but this is within the same shop. (New for me).

edit: at the check out it says that the prices I quoted were an estimation, everybody pays in British Pounds.

But besides me wondering about this minor thing, it's banana time :banana:

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip guys. I pre-ordered this morning. I'm really looking forward to this one! And I agree this calls for dancing bananas. :banana: :banana:

Seems only Burning Shed has the lead on this; made my pre-order as soon as I read this. Their service has been fine on several past orders. Can't wait! :banana:

GREAT ! Pre-ordered, now let's wait for Lightbulb Sun ! :D

Oh, btw, it is no cheaper in the US....

The price is £13 for everyone (plus shipping dep. on your country), that is the way it is billed.

Then, depending on your country, you will be charged in your local currency, so it's a matter of exchange rates.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=GBP&to=USD&submit=Convert

Currently (as of today), £1 = $1.7845, while £1 = 1.4361 EUR.

So it's actually the US people who currently get ripped off when buying something in Europe, because of the weakness of the USD (remember, some years ago, 1 EUR = $1...).

Actually, at one point it was $0.80 usd = 1 EUR. Wish I'd gone to Europe that year...

But anyways :banana: :banana: :banana:

YmSeb said:
GREAT ! Pre-ordered, now let's wait for Lightbulb Sun ! :D

Oh, btw, it is no cheaper in the US....

The price is £13 for everyone (plus shipping dep. on your country), that is the way it is billed.

Then, depending on your country, you will be charged in your local currency, so it's a matter of exchange rates.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=GBP&to=USD&submit=Convert

Currently (as of today), £1 = $1.7845, while £1 = 1.4361 EUR.

So it's actually the US people who currently get ripped off when buying something in Europe, because of the weakness of the USD (remember, some years ago, 1 EUR = $1...).

Actually the $1.7845 $/£ conversion is the commercial rate. If you use a credit card the exchange rate (including fees) is closer to the "tourist" rate which is about $1.70. Recent $ charges to my Amex card came in at $1.73 which puts the cost at the $ rate at £11.21 so the first 2 posts are correct about the UK being ripped off.

Well, at least we don't have to buy it from some greedy corporation. Hopefully PT are getting most of the money, as they are the ones who deserve it.

I saw mention in another thread here that this CD/DVD-A may not be available via traditional online outlets like circuitcity.com and amazon.com as In Absentia and Deadwing are. Can anyone confirm that?

I pre-ordered this as well...looks great and will sound great as well.

As for the price difference - remember folks, for us lucky ones (heheh) out side the UK the VAT is subtracted from the price - for us it is £11.06 + shipping.

doppelbock said:
..for us lucky ones (heheh) out side the UK the VAT is subtracted from the price ..
Ah, that would answer my question :cool:

Outside the U.K. is not enough, allow me to quote from Burning Shed
Burning Shed are a VAT registered company and have to charge 17.5% VAT (Value Added Tax) on any items shipped to the European Community (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom). If you live outside of this area, you will not see VAT chages. Please note that you may, however, be liable for import duties - these vary from country to country.

We're sorry if this is all seems a bit confusing - we didn't make the rules on international trading!

Eugenius said:
Will the Stupid Dream DVD-A be sold anywhere else? Or is it exclusive to Burning Shed?

from the Porcupine Tree website:

These editions are the definitive versions of one of the essential albums in the PT catalogue, and both are available to pre-order now from the band's on line store, with the CD/DVDA version being exclusive to the store (later this year a standard CD release will be issued).

As always,

Thanks for the heads up:D

My pre-order is complete and I will try to be patient.

Dancing bananas are on the menu! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Eugenius said:
Will the Stupid Dream DVD-A be sold anywhere else? Or is it exclusive to Burning Shed?

The DVD-A/CD package is exclusive to Burning Shed and I believe it will stay that way with a regular CD being the only retail option for this release.

Cheers,

Simon

Back