Possible Barclay James Harvest release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for this article. That's all I can say. You most surely have created this blog into some thing specific. You clearly know what that you are performing, you have covered so many bases.Thanks!

Thank you for this article. That's all I can say. You most surely have created this blog into some thing specific. You clearly know what that you are performing, you have covered so many bases.Thanks!

Can someone explain this post to me ... and the other identical posts in random threads? I see that the user is banned, but I am confused. :mad:@:

Greenorange was just pointing out that we know what we are performing, and are writing a blog about it?
I agree these posts should be removed.

Not to change the subject , but I want to mention that I received the Barclay James Harvest set and it is well done. I appreciate that besides the reworked quad 5.1 mix you get a hi rez stream of the original sq mix that you can use your decoder on. Very thoughtful.

Regarding the original SQ mix, I was playing around with sending it through my receiver and applying Dolby Pro Logic, Pro Logic II, Pro Logic IIx and Logic 7 with some interesting results. I understand that one of these decoders...I don't remember which...is supposed to do a semi-reasonable job of decoding SQ. It seemed that straight Pro Logic yielded the best results, but is this actually the "right" one? The discreet DTS mix has the vocals in the rear on the first track, but I can't get any of the decoders to duplicate the result on the SQ mix.

Thanks.
AR

Regarding the original SQ mix, I was playing around with sending it through my receiver and applying Dolby Pro Logic, Pro Logic II, Pro Logic IIx and Logic 7 with some interesting results. I understand that one of these decoders...I don't remember which...is supposed to do a semi-reasonable job of decoding SQ. It seemed that straight Pro Logic yielded the best results, but is this actually the "right" one? The discreet DTS mix has the vocals in the rear on the first track, but I can't get any of the decoders to duplicate the result on the SQ mix.

Thanks.
AR

I'm afraid you won't. Dolby surround/PL IS based on SQ but altered to be totally incompatible, so any chance of an accurate decode using any Dolby proccessing is 'out of the window'

OD

I'm really surprised there isn't a poll thread for this album. How is it? I'm probably going to purchase it very soon.

I'm really surprised there isn't a poll thread for this album. How is it? I'm probably going to purchase it very soon.

pretty interesting release, although i'm not a huge fan but got it way back.
as surround it has only 96/24 DTS and DD but sound ok. on positive side it
also includes original stereo mix and original matrixed SQ quad mix. both are
96/24 HiRez which sounds really stunning.

Alnog with the ELO and gentle Giant releases this is about as good as it gets without Hi rez 5.1

Great to hear! I have those 3 and this BJH release seems very similar to those.

Any other great EMI Quad releases I should be aware of on DVD besides Deep Purple's Stormbringer? I didn't like that one very much.

Back