PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra and DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have one too many audio_ts folders

do the extraction to the root folder not the audio_ts one

This will NOT eliminate the watermark - you still need a player like the Oppo to play these copied discs..

PS....of the 64 discs, 35 have a watermark..

I’m still confused about the last bit of instructions.

We extract to the root folder and that creates another AUDIO_TS folder, but since we have created Audio_ts and Video_ts folders, we now have 3 folders in our root folder. Are you burning the root folder with all three folders or are just dragging the new extracted AUDIO_TS folder into Imgburn? I’m confused about exactly how we do the last steps.

I’m also confused why we don’t just use “clone” in DVDFab Platinum to create an exact backup. Is the above method used so DL DVD-A discs will fit on a single layer or to confuse the DVD-Audio player to ignore the watermark? Thanks for the info.

I’m still confused about the last bit of instructions.

We extract to the root folder and that creates another AUDIO_TS folder, but since we have created Audio_ts and Video_ts folders, we now have 3 folders in our root folder.

Ok..lets say we are backing up BSS

directory should look like this:

ELPBSS
--Audio_ts
--Video_ts

In Isobuster click on the Audio_TS folder on left side

Extract the audio_TS folder - when it prompts you where to extract to click on ELPBSS

This will copy the contents into the audio_ts folder and not make a 2nd audio_ts subdirectory

Are you burning the root folder with all three folders or are just dragging the new extracted AUDIO_TS folder into Imgburn?

no just ONE audio_ts folder - the video_ts folder is only there if you want to copy the entire DVD-A disc - you would repeat the steps and extract the video_ts folder

I’m also confused why we don’t just use “clone” in DVDFab Platinum to create an exact backup.

see my post #33 - Clone Method..using only DVDFAB, well nothing I tried would get the copied disc to play..

It's how Imgburn makes the ISO file that is the key

Is the above method used so DL DVD-A discs will fit on a single layer or to confuse the DVD-Audio player to ignore the watermark? Thanks for the info.

By extracting just the audio_ts folder, in most cases it fits onto a single layer but not always because the mlp stereo tracks are in there too..

Nothing can be done about the watermark - it's imbedded in the actual signal so regardless how you extract the MLP files from the disc or even if you record the analog output from a player the watermark comes along..

Back