R.I.P. Jeff Beck

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff is probably one of the VERY few I will forgive for dying his hair black (most guys who do that look freaking ridiculous!) if only because he was Jeff Beck...
"Truth" was one of those LPs I bought as a teenager because of hearsay...am not very familiar with his latter stuff but his Quad stuff is amazing...

besides, he was my favorite guitar player's (Ollie Hallsall) favorite guitar player, and that is saying something...

We are all going there way sooner than later, at least for most of us Quad folk, so better start doing it right!

I was shocked and saddened to hear the news. I'm still shocked: he looked healthy & was in fine form when I saw him play recently.

Jeff was Incomparable. Unique, creative, musical, and expressive beyond mere mortals.

Not much else to say. Too much to say. Been spinning his albums for the past few days.

RIP

1673619866452.jpeg

I just watched a 2015 documentary on youtube that covered Jeff Beck from the tridents all the way through the Yardbirds with lots of performance clips his solo projects and management.
It really brought home what a unique and stunning guitarist he was especially in comparison to Clapton.
More reasons to feel sad.

Last edited:
Brian May's favorite Jeff Beck recording from Beck's GUITAR SHOP album

I remember when this album came out. I had a Ford Bronco with full blown stereo/sub, etc. I went out on a picnic with this chick I knew (a friend with benefits) my two daughters where in the back seat rough housing, and I said to Susan, was her name, check out this new song by Jeff Beck, the song started to play Where Were You, my kids where still rough housing and she yelled at them to cool out, they all stopped and she fell in love with that song.
A couple months later at Drum World on Geneva St in SF, they had a guest drummer evening, like they did frequently called drum clinics and Terry Bozzio was the drummer, wow is all I can remember, any way someone asked him would he ever play with Beck again and he said, in a heart beat, I hope he asks me again, but never happened.

Back