R.I.P. Jeff Beck

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer to read digitally, including magazines. Not unexpectedly, Jeff’s death was going to make the cover of a lot of magazines, many of which I read each month.

As best I could given the way the app formats stuff on the screen, I took this snapshot of recent covers. Some are in different languages and thus some similarities. (For example, one Classic Rock is in English, one in German.)

Jeff-Beck-Covers.jpg

I hope the third order of business after lining up the RAH and the guests was hiring a film crew for a Bluray release.
I guarantee there will be a Blu Ray release.
My only disappointment is the line up, more to me looks like a Crossroads line up. Eric's buddy's. Not saying Jeff and Eric didn't have the same friends but Jeff played with countless others.
How is it Tal Wilkenfeld, Jan Hammer, Carmine Appice, and countless others not on list.

Last edited:
I guarantee there will be a Blu Ray release.
My only disappointment is the line up, more to me looks like a Crossroads line up. Eric's buddy's. Not saying Jeff and Eric didn't have the same friends but Jeff played with countless others.
How is it Tal Wilkenfeld, Hans Zimmer, Carmine Appice, and countless others not on list.
I imagine there might be some additions to the lineup as we get closer to the event.

I’d love to see Stevie Wonder and Jan Hammer there. Oh yeah... Jimmy Page, too.

I imagine there might be some additions to the lineup as we get closer to the event.

I’d love to see Stevie Wonder and Jan Hammer there. Oh yeah... Jimmy Page, too.
My concern is that unlike the Concert For George, Jeff's music is unique, mostly instrumental, and I believe that he was the only one who could play that way. At best I would think the performance will be that of a highly talented cover band. No doubt that this event will be the emotional ticket of the year.

My concern is that unlike the Concert For George, Jeff's music is unique, mostly instrumental, and I believe that he was the only one who could play that way. At best I would think the performance will be that of a highly talented cover band. No doubt that this event will be the emotional ticket of the year.
I hear ya. And for that reason I hope they play the music in their own style and not try to exactly duplicate what Jeff did. With guys like Gibbons, Trucks and McLaughlin involved, their stamp on the songs should be interesting.

I hope they have fun with it and make it a joyous show.

This might only be of any value to me, but I figured I’d share it here if someone wanted it for whatever reason. I did an earlier version which was cropped and I wasn’t thinking as much about making it look nice. But I spent some more time on it today to make something a little nicer.

Jeff-Beck-Covers.jpg

Back