replacement remote for Oppo BDP-105

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A geniune Oppo remote goes for around $170. There is an off-brand replacement remote that goes for around $20 . I’m inclined to get the cheap one but wanted to check in here first. Any thoughts?

Thanks for that suggestion. I downloaded the Oppo Remote Control app for iOs. It asks me for the IP address on the player. I’m trying to figure out where to find the IP address.

Go to your settings page and choose the Network Setup tab. From there you need to chose whether your connection if Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Your IP address will appear under Connection Information.

Oppo Network.jpg

Unfortunately, the day is already here when that won't work with the latest Android version. I assume that day will come for iOS as well.
Damn, I sure hope not. I love using my iPhone and the Oppo app for non-OSD control of my Oppo 203 while watching something else on my LG OLED. Not only is it convenient, but it ensures I won’t suffer image burn-in on the OLED.

Back