Quantcast

HiRez Poll Rolling Stones, The - GOATS HEAD SOUP [Blu-Ray Audio]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the BDA of The Rolling Stones - GOATS HEAD SOUP

• Total voters

EricKalet

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
uDiscover Music assures me that they are checking in to the missing 5.1 mix.
I piled on that ticket the missing low-end for the Atmos mix and they likewise claim they're checking in to it...
This is in response to a refund inquiry.
I just re-upped my email to them...been 5 weeks with no response.
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 6.16.43 PM.png

~dave~~wave~

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I listened at 50db, wanted to go higher but too harsh.
Sorry to go OT, but I'm curious how you define "listening at 50 dB."
Are you looking at a power meter on your amps?

I assume you're not measuring Sound Pressure Level, as 50 dB is many orders of magnitude below normal listening level for music.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Perfect! The more folks that write in to them, or follow up to let them know we have not forgotten, the better the chance Universal will make good on the advertised product.
But this is REALLY a UNIVERSAL issue affecting multiple world wide vendors who falsely advertise this disc. Hopefully Universal/Apple will issue a replacement but based on past track records ..... wouldn't hold my breath.

I do feel for all the vendors who have to deal with this shortcoming and based on recent surround releases which falsely advertise CODECS which aren't even prevalent on the disc, wish the powers that be who assemble these sets would get their collective acts together [i.e. advertising discs as DVD~Audio when they're REALLY DVD~Vs with LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 ..... ALL TOO COMMON].

EricKalet

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
But this is REALLY a UNIVERSAL issue affecting multiple world wide vendors who falsely advertise this disc. Hopefully Universal/Apple will issue a replacement but based on past track records ..... wouldn't hold my breath.

I do feel for all the vendors who have to deal with this shortcoming and based on recent surround releases which falsely advertise CODECS which aren't even prevalent on the disc, wish the powers that be who assemble these sets would get their collective acts together [i.e. advertising discs as DVD~Audio when they're REALLY DVD~Vs with LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 ..... ALL TOO COMMON].
The key here is that my screenshot is directly from the Rolling Stones official website store, which makes it all the worse. 3rd party vendors like Amazon, Bull Moose, Best Buy, Import CD's, etc are only using and relying on the copy sent to them from Universal/Rolling Stones to market the set on their websites.

Truly a universal issue and false advertising that started from the music studio itself.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The key here is that my screenshot is directly from the Rolling Stones official website store, which makes it all the worse. 3rd party vendors like Amazon, Bull Moose, Best Buy, Import CD's, etc are only using and relying on the copy sent to them from Universal/Rolling Stones to market the set on their websites.

Truly a universal issue and false advertising that started from the music studio itself.
I absolutely AGREE, Eric, there is a TOTAL DISCONNECT between the engineers who author the discs and the personnel who assemble not only the liner notes but the actual CODECS contained on those discs. And from what I've read, IT'S RAMPANT on more than half of the surround discs released.

It's become a joke that so many discs advertised as DVD~A are in fact DVD~Vs with LOSSY codecs and now with this ATMOS 'situation' failing properly to 'fold down' into 5.1 is C R A Z Y ! ATMOS is relatively NEW and the majority of surround afficiandos don't have it and have to suffer the consequences of being cheated out of 'vital' surround info.

But how does one EDUCATE those in charge that this practice IS unacceptable. And is this basically a UNIVERSAL [UMG] thingy or has it invaded SONY and WARNER?

Hope your letters help but methinks UNIVERSAL IS THE CULPRIT and should be the focus of our letter writing campaign!

Steve Schoultz

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I just re-upped my email to them...been 5 weeks with no response.
View attachment 57823
My canned response today:

Elsa (uDiscover Music)
Oct 14, 2020, 5:55 PM EDT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your patience. We are looking into this for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience and support,
Elsa + uDiscover Music

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
⬆ This right here is what makes the cost of this set disgusting at $125+ ⬆

(P.S. plus the falsely advertised DTS-HA MA 5.1 which is nowhere to be found on this set)
View attachment 57821
My canned response today:

Elsa (uDiscover Music)
Oct 14, 2020, 5:55 PM EDT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your patience. We are looking into this for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Elsa + uDiscover Music
Steve please keep us all updated, on this matter....good for you for contacting them and being so patient!!! :love: :SB:bowing:

Steve Schoultz

400 Club - QQ All-Star
We shall soon see what are the proposed next steps...hmmmmmmm..."They will be able to assist."
View attachment 57863
The latest from uDiscover:
Devin (uDiscover Music)
Oct 26, 2020, 4:04 PM EDT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your patience. We are reaching out to reassure you that we are still looking into this for you. We will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible!

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns in the meantime.

Devin + uDiscover Music

I’m surprised by the response. You would think they would just forget about it. I mean there’s nothing we can do at this point. However, if they offer a refund I’m taking it! Fat chance though...

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
That's great!! Probably so few complaints have been sent in to Universal Music, that they can refund a couple dozen people and close the books on a huge false advertising situation that will eventually disappear.
Or the inverse might occur. Since SO few surround discs have been released and more than a few have had authoring probems of one sort or another, they will just stop producing multichannel discs altogether citing NOT REALLY WORTH THE BOTHER. And this also includes BD~A disc rot which has occurred on way more than just a few discs.

And wouldn't THAT be a PITY?

Damned if you DO and damned if you DON'T!

himey

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Or the inverse might occur. Since SO few surround discs have been released and more than a few have had authoring probems of one sort or another, they will just stop producing multichannel discs altogether citing NOT REALLY WORTH THE BOTHER. And this also includes BD~A disc rot which has occurred on way more than just a few discs.

And wouldn't THAT be a PITY?

Damned if you DO and damned if you DON'T!

kvsawilson

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
For me this release is a big disappointment. Got it in between the Doobies collection and the 1st Santana one and this one is dreadful compared to those. I wasn't going to buy it just on the cost, but ended up getting it as a birthday present and can't recommend it. The surround mix never really impresses me and I just don't think it's that good of an album. Not a bad album, but not one that has enough to keep me coming back. And, for me, Star Star is just a horrible song. Obviously others disagree on the music. The live disc was good but I doubt I'll listen to the extras very often. If it had been just a standalone release priced right i might think more highly of it, but for the price I'd recommend spending your money elsewhere unless you're a real big fan of the album.

K

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'm going through the returns process. I backed up the BD though. Maybe examination of the files will reveal a fixable problem, like out of phase channels.