Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RED ALERT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

amazon.com are now listing the box set with a price of $80.55. Move in and place your orders now!

:)

https://www.amazon.com/Roxy-Music-DVD-Super-Deluxe/dp/B077Y965S9/

I didn't see your latest post after I saw the price jump...my question is about going forward...we(customers)have been used to having the pre order price being the lowest price...within a reasonable time frame(not talking about 6 months or a year later)...and now on this release that has gone out the window...so in future releases I wonder how many people will wait for that price drop sooner...I personally think this was an exception...but some will wait...what a mess:(

These wild price fluctuations are crazy. My Amazon Canada order still showed as "preparing for shipment" so I was able to cancel (got confirmation) and I've placed the order with Amazon.com now - saved +/- $20.

Really looking forward to hearing it as these early reports are very encouraging!

You are fortunate that you were able to cancel...in my experience...when it's in the "preparing for shipment" stage...it's too late...I've had that happen a few times..

You are fortunate that you were able to cancel...in my experience...when it's in the "preparing for shipment" stage...it's too late...I've had that happen a few times..

I know, I was quite surprised too as it had been in the "preparing" status for 2 or 3 days already, and that I got the confirmation quick enough to jump on the better deal before it disappeared.

Paul Sinclair estimates the cost of producing the Roxy Super Edition box set at 45 pounds($63.52)...now if that is correct...or even close..you have to wonder how amazon is going to make money at that price point if they sell the set for $80 and take care of the shipping...and what about the amazon US customers that paid the higher price during the pre order stage than the $80 offering so soon after the release date...you better believe the people on these forums will be contacting amazon for an explanation and probably some amazon credit..

Ryan said the book in this box set is very impressive...and I believe him...but I wish the record companies would re-think this part of the box set model...just get rid of the book...I'm sure it's costly..in my case I never look at them..maybe just a glance...the savings would be considerable...and IMO...to keep the physical disc concept of the box set viable...this will have to be done...since the standalone hi rez disc hasn't worked most of the time...of course if they continue with this method...I will be able to open my own "music library" in the future:)

placed my order an hour ago and it says preparing for shipment already. lol! I'm guessing the Amazon warehouse in Kentucky must have excess of these and they're trying to move them out....says Monday delivery. :confused:

Just received text message that it has SHIPPED. LOL! Maybe I do have a bit 'O luck. :banana:

Just received text message that it has SHIPPED. LOL! Maybe I do have a bit 'O luck. :banana:

Even more odd - it says it's shipped via USPS! Dang....that box must be really close....maybe Chicago? Or most likely even closer? Not sure how USPS is gonna get it here by Monday...but we'll see I guess.

Well I was one of the few people to order the package with the signed poster and yesterday I received 2 large packages via DHL. The first was the box set and the second was a large cylinder with the poster inside. I open box sets in order received and since there are 7 boxes ahead of this it will have to wait a bit.

I broke up with amazon today over this set; I paid $89.95, so I contacted them when the price went down to $80 and asked for a partial refund... they wouldn’t play ball... so I cancelled my preorders for Marillion- Brave and Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses. Any suggestions for where to purchase these? (I value good customer service over the lowest prices).

Even more odd - it says it's shipped via USPS! Dang....that box must be really close....maybe Chicago? Or most likely even closer? Not sure how USPS is gonna get it here by Monday...but we'll see I guess.
Well sometimes they use their own contractors to get it to the destination city and then USPS delivers it...it's a hand off system...it happens here all the time because there is a warehouse in Florida...I can't help but think they don't have the orders they thought they would have...probably why the discount this morning...to clear some inventory...for them to get the order and process it that fast is unusual...especially on a Saturday..

The sad part in all this mess is that the record company might look at these sluggish sales and blame it on the box set...not there own communication issues and price structure...

I broke up with amazon today over this set; I paid $89.95, so I contacted them when the price went down to $80 and asked for a partial refund... they wouldn’t play ball... so I cancelled my preorders for Marillion- Brave and Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses. Any suggestions for where to purchase these? (I value good customer service over the lowest prices).

I'm curious...what was their explanation for the price drop and why didn't they at least give you credit...anytime I deal with them and there is a problem...the first thing that they mention is giving me a credit.....and I usually have no intention of even asking for a concession..I wish someone would ask them why the pre order price wasn't the lowest price after just a few days of the release...I must admit I have never seen this happen on a box set so soon after the release date..

Out of curiosity I clicked on the SDE links http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/deal/deal-alert-roxy-music-super-deluxe/ and they've all shot up in price :yikes I wonder if the number of buyers at the way too high price meant a drop, then interest in the lower price, then a price hike back and they hope people will go oh well I'll buy before it goes up anymore, who knows!

From my observations...and I haven't watched it a lot...the only price changes that I have noticed (after the first adjustment)have been the amazons...it's almost like the competition between the Kardashians...maybe a movie is coming.."Keeping up with the amazons"...on a serious note...amazon is a HUGE account for the record company...unlike bullmoose and other competitors...maybe some compromise was reached...I think amazon realizes that there is customer backlash and tried to minimize it to some degree with that temporary price drop...

I have mixed feelings on this. From an artist perspective, I think effort should be made to purchase from the source closest to the artist. Bandcamp, Burning Shed, Headphone dust, Ape, etc. The little guys need your money more than Amazon. On the other hand, I think the price (whatever price) of this release is ridiculous - and any release like this should be boycotted so that labels stop trying to sell expensive box sets. :banana::smokin

I have mixed feelings on this. From an artist perspective, I think effort should be made to purchase from the source closest to the artist. Bandcamp, Burning Shed, Headphone dust, Ape, etc. The little guys need your money more than Amazon. On the other hand, I think the price (whatever price) of this release is ridiculous - and any release like this should be boycotted so that labels stop trying to sell expensive box sets. :banana::smokin

Man - I have those feelings too....but they are just feelings. Not reality for me. I'm far from rich....I'm far from poor. But, I have to be reasonable about my expenses...and over a period of years, I do feel like looking for the best price (especially if it's 30-40% less) is something I should be doing.

If it's just a few percentage points, I will almost always go with the smaller guys. That didn't use to be the case...but now I'm more sensitive to the smaller guys. :)

Man - I have those feelings too....but they are just feelings. Not reality for me. I'm far from rich....I'm far from poor. But, I have to be reasonable about my expenses...and over a period of years, I do feel like looking for the best price (especially if it's 30-40% less) is something I should be doing.

If it's just a few percentage points, I will almost always go with the smaller guys. That didn't use to be the case...but now I'm more sensitive to the smaller guys. :)

That's what SHE said.....lmao.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

I just checked bullmoose...now they list it as "low stock" at $159.97...and it appears importcds is throwing in the towel...they are in the infamous backordered status now...which usually means they are done...unless they can get a major price drop from their supplier...I have no idea where this price will go from here...it appears that our usual discount sources like bullmoose...importcds and deep discount are not a consideration at this point....it's not even listed now on acoustic sounds..and the usual boutique outlets like elusive disc has it at $189.99..and Music Direct at $189.99..

So unless amazon has another price drop..or in the unlikely(but it wouldn't surprise me at this point)event that the decisions makers make a price drop to their suppliers...people who didn't get this box set won't any reasonable options left...they will have to wait it out...

I'm curious...what was their explanation for the price drop and why didn't they at least give you credit...anytime I deal with them and there is a problem...the first thing that they mention is giving me a credit.....and I usually have no intention of even asking for a concession..I wish someone would ask them why the pre order price wasn't the lowest price after just a few days of the release...I must admit I have never seen this happen on a box set so soon after the release date..

I explained how the price dropped the day after I received the item; they said they checked the price on the item and that it was higher than what I paid... they must have checked it after the price shot back up... it seems weird to me that they wouldn’t have any record of the interim price. The bottom line is I literally spend thousands of dollars on amazon each year (not just on music) and it irritates me that they wouldn’t want to try and keep me as a customer. I’ll still use amazon (seems unavoidable these days), but no longer for music!

I just checked bullmoose...now they list it as "low stock" at $159.97...and it appears importcds is throwing in the towel...they are in the infamous backordered status now...which usually means they are done...unless they can get a major price drop from their supplier...I have no idea where this price will go from here...it appears that our usual discount sources like bullmoose...importcds and deep discount are not a consideration at this point....it's not even listed now on acoustic sounds..and the usual boutique outlets like elusive disc has it at $189.99..and Music Direct at $189.99..

So unless amazon has another price drop..or in the unlikely(but it wouldn't surprise me at this point)event that the decisions makers make a price drop to their suppliers...people who didn't get this box set won't any reasonable options left...they will have to wait it out...

As I stated before: If this first ROXY music boxset IS THE TEMPLATE FOR ALL FUTURE ROXY MUSIC RELEASES.......THEN COUNT ME OUT. To even contemplate AVALON or their other classic RM releases in LOSSY CODECS at these ridiculous price points is outrageous and, IMO, a kick in the keester to their many fans.

Back