RUSH 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's getting the Deluxe package? I'd like to but hard to justify an extra $35 for the comic book

http://www.musictap.net/2013/01/10/tapsheet-release-notes-01112013-us-report/

Well, looks like we'll get another Blu-Ray release from RUSH in a few months, this time another live concert from the recent Clockwork Angels tour.
They filmed shows in Phoenix, AZ on 11/25 and Dallas, TX on 11/28 last year.

Now here's hoping this will free up the release schedule in the fall for a 35th anniversary deluxe edition of 'Hemispheres' with a Rich Chycki 5.1 mix. ;)

http://www.musictap.net/2013/01/10/tapsheet-release-notes-01112013-us-report/

Well, looks like we'll get another Blu-Ray release from RUSH in a few months, this time another live concert from the recent Clockwork Angels tour.
They filmed shows in Phoenix, AZ on 11/25 and Dallas, TX on 11/28 last year.

Now here's hoping this will free up the release schedule in the fall for a 35th anniversary deluxe edition of 'Hemispheres' with a Rich Chycki 5.1 mix. ;)

I will be picking up the Concert Bluray but I know I am living in dreamland but still was hoping that Steven Wilson would get a crack at least at one of the Rush classics. I will pickup Hemispheres for sure even if Rich has done it as it is one of my favorite albums by Rush.

in the sound and vision issue this month is an article regarding the impending release of 2112 this year in lossless 24/96, unclear weather it is bd or dvd-a or both.

in the sound and vision issue this month is an article regarding the impending release of 2112 this year in lossless 24/96, unclear weather it is bd or dvd-a or both.

I guess you've been out of the loop but 2112 was released on both DVD A and BD A earlier this year see the polls;

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?17019-Rush-2112-(Five-Point-One)-Blu-Ray&highlight=2112

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?17018-Rush-2112-(Five-Point-One)-DVD-A&highlight=2112

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2013/01/25/2112-51-0

"I went into discussions with label and management in the spring of 2012 about scheduling and delivery. Like the other surround mixes to date, the band has preferred that the mix remain true to its heritage, rather than modernizing it and including effects that didn't exist back in ’76. The Dark Side of the Moon 5.1 remix [done by James Guthrie] would be an excellent reference example as to this interpretation’s integrity."

..your honor, I rest my case...
If he had said (cough) ALAN PARSON's!!!! I'd still respect him..
there you go kiddies..the reason Rush's MCH mixes are....well...extended stereo....and not really surround like SW's ones...

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2013/01/25/2112-51-0

"I went into discussions with label and management in the spring of 2012 about scheduling and delivery. Like the other surround mixes to date, the band has preferred that the mix remain true to its heritage, rather than modernizing it and including effects that didn't exist back in ’76. The Dark Side of the Moon 5.1 remix [done by James Guthrie] would be an excellent reference example as to this interpretation’s integrity."

..your honor, I rest my case...
If he had said (cough) ALAN PARSON's!!!! I'd still respect him..
there you go kiddies..the reason Rush's MCH mixes are....well...extended stereo....and not really surround like SW's ones...

Well OK then...let's hear something new from Rush done in a current fashion ala SW - oh, wait we already did - did everyone forget the abominable
"Snakes And Arrows" 5.1 mix? Mixed by Richard Chycki in Dolby 5.1. Ugh!

Hi all.
There's news on the front of a 40th anniversary reissue of RUSH's 1st album "RUSH", scheduled to be released next year.
Info here:
Hamilton cites the Canadian hard-rock trio Rush as an example of active partners in the process, saying the band members are “very involved” in next year’s 40th-anniversary reissue of the group’s self-titled debut album.

Obviously there's no mention if there will be a 5.1 mix or not, but I hope regardless of that, the album will get a release on HFPA Blu-Ray.
Here's to hoping that 5.1 mixes of "Hemispheres", "Permanent Waves", "Caress of Steel" and other RUSH albums are still on the way! :)

Thanks for the update RT :) let's hope the guys get more adventurous with the surround (than the Sector boxes) if they do decide to remix the debut into 5.1 (y)

I feel like a stuck record but I just hope to fucketty if they do end up doing a 5.1 mix of this its better than the other Rush DVDA's! Talk about "missed opportunities in surround".. prime candidates.. their music deserves active exciting whizz-bang surround mixes.

I feel like a stuck record but I just hope to fucketty if they do end up doing a 5.1 mix of this its better than the other Rush DVDA's! Talk about "missed opportunities in surround".. prime candidates.. their music deserves active exciting whizz-bang surround mixes.

If this is mixed in 5.1 surround, I expect it would be worse than the other albums simply because this album is the simplest from a production standpoint. Not as many guitar or keyboard overdubs on this one compared to the later ones, plus the songs are weaker too. I mean I like "Finding My Way", "What You're Doing", and "Working Man', but RUSH really didn't hit their stride until "2112". Now "HEMISPHERES" on the other hand would be a PERFECT candidate for 5.1 surround, as would "Permanent Waves" and even "Caress of Steel". Heck I'd also love the 80s and 90s albums. There's a lot that they can do with those records.
We just have to hope that the tapes and the will are there to continue releasing RUSH albums in 5.1, whether it's the CD/DVD-A, CD/BDA packages or HFPA.

But I'm not holding my breath. Instead I'm turning my ears and wallet back towards the work that Steven Wilson and Jakko Jaksyck are doing. :)

Agree on Hemispheres - would love to see it in 5.1! Unfortunately, the multis are supposedly missing for Permanent Waves. That is backed up by the fact that they used live versions of the Permanent Waves songs on Rock Band...

Agree on Hemispheres - would love to see it in 5.1! Unfortunately, the multis are supposedly missing for Permanent Waves. That is backed up by the fact that they used live versions of the Permanent Waves songs on Rock Band...

Yeah, I've heard that as well, but hopefully nothing is wrong with the Hemispheres multis.

Back