Rush-Fly By Night

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anxiously awaiting reports on this. Thanks for taking the hit, GOS! If this contains a new/better stereo transfer than the sector set, I'm all over it. I don't have high hopes that the 5.1 will be any different, but anxious to hear reports on that too. Question that I've poked around for & didn't find an answer... Regarding last year's self-titled deluxe release: Is there a legit high rez download available either through the set or separately? It sorta looked to me like that release was just the LP + a lossy download, just trying to confirm that though. Thanks!

Where are people ordering this from?

$22.32 at ImportCDs
£19.99 at Amazon UK
$27.88 Amazon US
£18.49 at Burningshed

It ain't exactly cheap....

I ordered mine from Amazon US...in part because once I added shipping, etc from import...it was only a couple dollars difference. Eh...for a couple dollars more...I get my copy TOMORROW!

I'll let you all know how it sounds. Also, is there a POLL on this yet? I'll be all over that if so....hehehe.

Where are people ordering this from?

$22.32 at ImportCDs
£19.99 at Amazon UK
$27.88 Amazon US
£18.49 at Burningshed

I ordered mine from Amazon US...in part because once I added shipping, etc from import...it was only a couple dollars difference. Eh...for a couple dollars more...I get my copy TOMORROW!

I'll let you all know how it sounds. Also, is there a POLL on this yet? I'll be all over that if so....hehehe.

My copy arrived about an hour ago.

I'm officially still on my megadeth bed.. but I'll try and squeeze in a quick listen today!

Agreed, the prices of these blu ray audio discs really bugs me. Most are using already existing mixes, and most have no extras and are just the original album, and the prices are way more from e.g. the Yes, XTC, King Crimson sets, so represent pretty poor value.

I am tempted by Fly By Night, but you can get the Sector box set for less than £30, which includes the Fly By Night dvda which is probably the same mix as this new blu ray, plus of course the other cds.

I don't know if there's much point of me listening to this to report back here, as I've never heard the Sector version in the first place so nothing to compare it to... but I will anyway! From a physical package p.o.v., its in the usual clear Blu-ray case w/gold HFPA lettering etc. and according to the info on the rear inlay it's the 8 tracks from the album in 5.1 & Stereo. I'll take some pics and post them here.. brb!

Some pics of the package..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Agreed, the prices of these blu ray audio discs really bugs me. Most are using already existing mixes, and most have no extras and are just the original album, and the prices are way more from e.g. the Yes, XTC, King Crimson sets, so represent pretty poor value.

I am tempted by Fly By Night, but you can get the Sector box set for less than £30, which includes the Fly By Night dvda which is probably the same mix as this new blu ray, plus of course the other cds.

To me it doesn't seem very expensive..around $25..mainly because I just want the music..these "mondo" sets that have CD's...and all these versions of the same material...pictures of the band...they give you more things but the things they give you aren't something I want...maybe it's because I got into the hobby late and I have had to pay a high price for these out of print discs that it seems reasonable to me...I'm just happy they are offering these hi rez versions...but I'm hesitant about the Fly By Night title...based on Rush's previous attempts..but I know I'm going to get a good evaluation from Gos 2.0...

Back