Rush "Hemispheres" (40th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it, that makes sense, I don't want a hot poker in my ears. Is there supposed to be a version (USA?) that is not hot? Or maybe the Japanese is better than UK ?

That I can't answer, Markie. You'd have to have both versions to do a proper comparison. I know my Japanese Blue Note/Riverside JAZZ BD~As which CDJapan blew out for $10 each, are, IMO, better sounding than the the Analogue Production SACDs.

My copy got shipped off from amazon.com this evening.
Looking forward to receiving it on Friday!

:)

I'm glad you feel that way Ryan...I have to admit that this is the first time I have been so UNexcited waiting for a box set...I've been nervous and excited many times before...but I've never been so detached emotionally..

I'm glad you feel that way Ryan...I have to admit that this is the first time I have been so UNexcited waiting for a box set...I've been nervous and excited many times before...but I've never been so detached emotionally..

There's a cure for THAT Clinty ...... wait until the reviews are 'published' by knowledgeable QQers and THEN, and only THEN you can press BUY.

I'm currently playing In Search of the Lost Chord which I just received from AmazonUK today. The 5.1 is UNDERWHELMING but at least the 96/24 Stereo LOSSLESS Remaster acquits itself quite nicely.

Mine tooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1...I'm wondering if you are going to be the first one to "break the news" to the forum on this one about the sound quality...since you did such a great job in your last outing with the White Album:D..I'll provide some pictures but no way am I going to render an opinion on this one in the early stages...

There's a cure for THAT Clinty ...... wait until the reviews are 'published' by knowledgeable QQers and THEN, and only THEN you can press BUY.

I'm currently playing In Search of the Lost Chord which I just received from AmazonUK today. The 5.1 is UNDERWHELMING but at least the 96/24 Stereo LOSSLESS Remaster acquits itself quite nicely.

I couldn't do that Ralphie...I either jump in early or not at all with bands I like:whistle:...my copy is supposed to be here tomorrow...

That's because "Hemispheres" is one of my favorite RUSH records, and since 2013, I had given up hope that we would get this title in 5.1 surround, so the fact that it is happening for the 40th anniversary is very good news indeed!

That's because "Hemispheres" is one of my favorite RUSH records, and since 2013, I had given up hope that we would get this title in 5.1 surround, so the fact that it is happening for the 40th anniversary is very good news indeed!

I understand...believe me...this isn't one of my favorite Rush albums...BUT...it's RUSH...and I can always use some Rush to listen to...I guess I'm suffering from the infamous "Steven Wilson" syndrome....after years of various poor to average Rush releases and then the glory of A Farewell To Kings masterpiece...I just have too many negative Rush flashbacks...if this wasn't Rush.... and Rich was working on this project.... I would have passed...but I just can't pass up the chance that it might be good:unsure:

Mine arrived...and the first thing I noticed was another amazon packaging job that isn't up to their usual standards..IMO...there was NO support underneath the box set...it didn't have the double box treatment that the White Album had...instead of putting something to cushion it(remember there are 3 vinyl discs in this set...they opted to use 2 of those small semi-inflated air bags on the SIDES of the box set to keep it from moving around...

IMG_3303.JPG

My set didn't sustain any damage.... but where I'm located and the priority status had to help...it only had to travel from 2 warehouses close to me and then straight to my post office...it avoided the Postal Automation machines that can sometimes damage these boxes...especially one's that aren't double boxed....so a cross country trip in a lower category(like media mail) might affect the vinyl without the double boxing...

Back