Rush "Hemispheres" (40th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...CD1 was remastered in 2015...the original album:unsure:

That does not necessarily exclude Steven Wilson's participation.
RUSH albums do not necessarily need stereo remixing as the original stereo mixes are very good, and these 2015 stereo remasters are especially good, so it's still very possible that Steven Wilson only remixed the album in 5.1 surround, just like he did last year for "A Farewell to Kings".
I guess we'll find out soon enough because if he is involved, he'll probably write a post about the release today on his remixes Facebook page.

:)

I'm jumping on this now... pre-ordered (what the heck... I pre-ordered The White Album as soon as it was posted here and I'm getting it for $128, maybe $92 will turn out to be a good price too!)

I did too...nothing to lose anyway...plenty of time to sort things out...even with tax it is under a $100....

I cannot believe that Amazon US list this title so quickly. It usually takes them longer...quite a bit longer. Missed out on the $92.00 pricing. Story of my life. And normally, I’m on the Internet first thing in the morning. But not today. :sneaky:

Amazon will drop again...they love telling everybody how much they saved on the order...they can't resist....you will have another chance(y)

Folks..keep in mind...we have around 6 weeks before the release date...importcds and amazonUK and deepdiscount haven't even priced this yet...so don't panic if you didn't jump on the first available prices...

Prices are jumping around all over the place this morning.

Import CDs has it listed now at $108.99.

Deep Discount is $129.64.

They were both at $149 a couple of hours ago.

Prices are jumping around all over the place this morning.

Import CDs has it listed now at $108.99.

Deep Discount is $129.64.

They were both at $149 a couple of hours ago.

LOL...I looked 15 minutes ago and didn't even see them...good find(y)...if you use Farewell to Kings as a comparison...which had 4 LPs...it was in the $120's...so that $92 on amazon looks very good right now...

I’m a little concerned that this may not be a Steven Wilson mix... didn’t they make a specific mention of AFTK being an SW mix when it was released? The suspense is killing me...

Yeah, I just went back and looked at the unboxing video for A Farewell to Kings and it makes a point of mentioning that the 5.1 mix was done by Wilson. The new video doesn't specify who did the mix. Hopefully it's just an oversight and not an indication that someone less qualified did the mix.

I’m a little concerned that this may not be a Steven Wilson mix... didn’t they make a specific mention of AFTK being an SW mix when it was released? The suspense is killing me...

Keep in mind that this isn't a formal announcement...just a listing on amazon so far...we will find out soon enough...well maybe not soon enough for all of us:LOL:

Yeah, I just went back and looked at the unboxing video for A Farewell to Kings and it makes a point of mentioning that the 5.1 mix was done by Wilson. The new video doesn't specify who did the mix. Hopefully it's just an oversight and not an indication that someone less qualified did the mix.

Interesting when you consider that they did mention a specific item...the 2015 mastering on CD1....and not to mention a huge selling point like SW's involvement...it does seem significant

Well I think they had to specifically mention Steven Wilson's involvement in the 2017 "Farewell to Kings" 5.1 mix because they had to clearly distinguish the new mix from the 2011 5.1 mix.
This time, we're getting "Hemispheres" in 5.1 for the very first time, so while I certainly hope that this is another Steven Wilson 5.1 mix, this is still better news than nothing, because I have been waiting for a "Hemispheres" 5.1 mix since 2011 when "Moving Pictures" came out.
Now all we need is "Permanent Waves" in 2020, and I will be satisfied (although I certainly will not turn down 5.1 mixes for the rest of RUSH's 80s albums)

:)

Back