Rush "Hemispheres" (40th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, can we 'assume' that Steve Wilson, despite his reservations, remixed Hemispheres into 5.1? Maybe that naked man on the brain sealed the deal!

hemispheres-cover.jpg

Interesting...CD1 was remastered in 2015...the original album:unsure:
RUSH albums do not necessarily need stereo remixing as the original stereo mixes are very good, and these 2015 stereo remasters are especially good...
Yes: as with the previous two 40th Anniversary releases, the vinyl, CD, and Blu-ray use Sean Magee's 2015 masters of the stereo catalog. These are well-regarded and, to my ears, sound great. The only caveat is whether Universal's audible watermark, which was present on (nearly) all the hi-res downloads for the Mercury albums, is present on these physical formats.

It would make sense based on the unanimously positive reviews for SW's 5.1 remaster of KINGS that RUSH wouldn't take a step backwards and entrust Hemisphere's 5.1 remix to anyone else but Wilson.

I don't think that the problem would be whether or not the band wants Wilson to mix the album. Wilson has stated that he doesn't want to do much more 5.1 mixing for other artists as it takes time away from his own music. Hopefully he made an exception for Rush. :unsure:

I don't think that the problem would be whether or not the band wants Wilson to mix the album. Wilson has stated that he doesn't want to do much more 5.1 mixing for other artists as it takes time away from his own music. Hopefully he made an exception for Rush. :unsure:

But like Elliot Scheiner, Wilson supposedly has a LOT of unreleased 5.1 remasters awaiting release. Wish we knew which ones [Hemispheres might've be one of them].

:eek:....Hey, by any chance is there a lonely billionaire out there that would like to adopt me, seriously I need a sugardaddy to support this surround music monkey on my back! I mean come on!!!

Oops...what the... aw shit...........pre-ordered o_O, oh well its only another $161.98 on its way out of my pocket :rolleyes:! Its like there is this tiny naked man manipulating my Hemispheres, ya know what I mean Vern?

I've got a feeling that it's going to be Rich Chycki again...

Maybe not, just cause it looks like Rich Chycki has not done much with the band since 2012.
Maybe it’s David Bottrill, who remixed “Vapor Trails” (in stereo) and also mixed “R40 Live”, which is RUSH’s best sounding live Blu-Ray IMHO.

Back