• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sansui QBL-100 Remote

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB-V

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I bought this QRX-5500 remote years ago with some grand plan or another. I think I took it out of the box once. It's in great shape. Never had an opportunity to use it since I do not own a QRX-5500! Just collecting dust. Hopefully somebody can put it to use.

Seems like they range from $300 - $400 on the usual market sites.

Any interest, please PM me.

Thank you.

20230222_202312.jpg

Well, very sad story ending for this one. I put this up on eBay and it sold quickly. Nice! I received a note from the Buyer yesterday...the box had been tampered with and the unit stolen. He is a long time eBayer with all positives...I didn't doubt him. He sent pics of a re-taped up box that had been ripped open on the side to check contents. So sad.

It was such a beautiful piece, collecting dust all those years...to end up in the hands of a thief....likely with no appreciation whatsoever for it.

By the way, eBay kept us both whole within minutes of my.contact with them. That was noteworthy.

Wow did you send this out of the country & customs opened it up? I imagine it was double boxed so what would make someone even think of opening up see if there's something worth pilfering?

Wow did you send this out of the country & customs opened it up? I imagine it was double boxed so what would make someone even think of opening up see if there's something worth pilfering?
I probably made the mistake of putting one of those stickers on it that indicated "Fragile - Electronic Equipment". It was domestic, sent via USPS. Hard to believe.

What perplexes me, is why the box ever made it. Why would a thief, regardless if internal to USPS or if they got it at his mailbox, would remove the contents then keep the box enroute. I guess since it is tracked, and it is a USPS employee, they could see where the packages are consistently disappearing if they just took the package and all. Assuming the thief is regularly stealing, that could lead to his exposure, I suppose.

What perplexes me, is why the box ever made it. Why would a thief, regardless if internal to USPS or if they got it at his mailbox, would remove the contents then keep the box enroute. I guess since it is tracked, and it is a USPS employee, they could see where the packages are consistently disappearing if they just took the package and all. Assuming the thief is regularly stealing, that could lead to his exposure, I suppose.
Boy that really sucks. Makes you wonder about the Post Office sometimes. I guess there are dishonest people in all occupations.

Many years ago, I had a US Treasury check delivered to my parents house, very small, about $60. I asked my parents just sign it and deposit it, (shh! don't tell the feds!) and to send me the cash since Western Union was about $12 back then.
So my Mom took some cash and wrapped it in heavy paper, the kind you can't see through and stuck it in an envelope and mailed it.
Well you guessed it, it never made it. Some lucky USPS employee absconded with my 60 bucks.

In the case of the box you sent, the reason the box made it is scanning and tracking. Regardless of how much they piss me off sometimes shuffling stuff all over the place they will eventually find something with tracking if it hasn't been stolen outright, and the thief didn't want to be the end link in the chain I suspect.

Back