Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off-topic question about your home theaters guys.
What's your center channel/speaker height?
I'm considering buying a new tv furniture, however im afraid the center's height would be too low. (picture measurements are in cms, but it'd be 22.2"). Curent furniture has it at 31.5". Ear level is at 36-38"ish...thoughts?
View attachment 92305
P.S: no, the TV wouldnt be standing from the furniture stand
I solved this problem by building a wooden box that is placed behind my centre channel. I can’t wall mount the TV, so that’s the only way that gives me flexibility to change the entertainment unit in the future, if I want to get a new one. I’m not sure it’s a great solution, aesthetically speaking, but it’s also quite invisible to the eye.

Attachments

• IMG_3858.jpeg
    IMG_3858.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3859.jpeg
    IMG_3859.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I solved this problem by building a wooden box that is placed behind my centre channel. I can’t wall mount the TV, so that’s the only way that gives me flexibility to change the entertainment unit in the future, if I want to get a new one. I’m not sure it’s a great solution, aesthetically speaking, but it’s also quite invisible to the eye.
it looks awesome!

I’m not sure it’s a great solution, aesthetically speaking, but it’s also quite invisible to the eye.
Looks really great! For those of us running L & R towers and who can't wall mount high enough, optimal solutions can be difficult if not impossible.
If I may, let me make this small suggestion, use some sort of wedge shaped thing to angle the center speaker up and get the L , R & Center tweeters on the same radiation pattern axis. I use a expensive and very high-tech product from Lowes.
Screenshot at 2023-06-02 23-42-11.png

Speaking of WOLED TVs. For those with knowledge as well as experience...how common is burn-in within this technology? I will upgrade my regular LCD TV to an 83-85", but I'm still on the fence on whether to go MINI LED or WOLED. Price is significant higher on WOLED, however comparing these two I don't know how much of increase in quality there is.
I have a Sony OLED TV, every so often (3-6months) it does a maintenance scan of the screen (takes 15-30mins, white line slowly goes down the screen) which should stop burn-in, it also seems to automatically fades channel corner logos but not the 'ticker-tape' news strips. So had it a few years, great picture, better blacks than standard, nice colour balance.

I'm considering buying a new tv furniture, however im afraid the center's height would be too low. (picture measurements are in cms, but it'd be 22.2"). Curent furniture has it at 31.5". Ear level is at 36-38"ish...thoughts?
View attachment 92305
P.S: no, the TV wouldnt be standing from the furniture stand.
My center channel is under the TV, and is about 4” off the floor, with the tweeter being about a foot highrt than that. It’s one of the tradeoffs I’m willing to make.

Details are available in the build blog through mu signature.

View attachment 92305
P.S: no, the TV wouldnt be standing from the furniture stand.

I'd be reluctant to lock into a fixed TV stand like that.

The cable management channel you can get at your local home improvement/hardware store and paint to match your walls.

The TV mount may work for now, but what about down the road? I've had to raise my TV wall mount four times now as both my TV's and Center Channel speaker(s) have gotten bigger.

I have had a pair of Koss K/2+2 quad headphones since new, but some time ago they started acting up. One channel didn't work, and it ended up being a faulty 2-channel/4-channel switch (a common fault on these) … which I eventually gave up trying to locate. This past weekend a buddy picked up a load of vintage audio gear at an estate sale, and he sold me all the quad stuff … which included a pair of K/2+2 headphones. They were in tough shape. Someone had etched their SIN into one of the chromed flanges. The earpads were flattened out (a common condition with most older Koss headphones), and the ear pad foam had disintegrated (also common). The balance controls were scratchy and intermittent, but a few shots of NuTrol sorted that out. I parted out my original pair for the ear pads and chrome flange, and replaced the rotted ear foam with black speaker grill cloth. Lots of good parts left too! They turned out pretty nice, and you have to love that classic Koss sound. I won't likely use them a lot, but they came in a fun box of quad treasures.

View attachment 33414View attachment 33415
I just got a pair of these although mine don't have the pots on the ear cups. I found that the rear speakers have a much fainter sound than the front ones. Is that a fault on mine or are they meant to be like that?

Woot woot! brand new Sony OLED 83" TV!
Congrats's!!!
The new TV's are amazing. Picture detail and color rendering are beyond words.
I just put in my new Samsung 85" QN90B QLED about a month ago and it still blows me
away on a daily basis with it's picture quality. Hope I get a nice long life out of it!

IMG_0006.JPG

83” OLED! Very nice, I can’t get over the incredible black levels and therefore infinite contrast ratio these new OLED sets enjoy, as a huge plasma fanboy for years I don’t even miss my last one (60” Panasonic VT60) despite being terrified when everyone exited the market.

I upgraded my 65” Panasonic EZ950 OLED to a 77” LG C2 last December and am finally able to enjoy all the 4K discs I have with Dolby Vision…wish I could have managed the 83” but I’ll get there eventually!
😂

I am 15+ years in the past with a Pioneer Elite Plasma set. These Bravia sure have friendly prices compared to what I paid back then for a 50", but what is so interesting to me is the vast step up in price from the 77" to 83" on this Sony line. I see one of these in my future - thanks for posting about this, I am really not much of a video person and haven't kept up with the trend. I instead live in the world of audio.

Beyond excited and chuffed now with a properly arranged and acoustically treated Dolby Atmos and Vision Home Theater setup (7.1.4). I can finally see real black tones on an 83” screen!

Good riddance movie theaters, annoying lousy seaters, crappy sound and video, outrageous overpriced snacks, goodbye to you all!

View attachment 93484View attachment 93483
Beautiful!!

Back