Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time will tell. I'm currently happy with my 7.1.4, and thus I'm selling my Parasound amp, but I haven't received any serious offer, and if that continues and I'll move the couch back as well as the speakers I may add 2 more in ceilings.
Is the Parasound amp a relatively large one? You could have it drive the front speakers and that would give the AVR's amps more headroom to power the other speakers.

In a moment of abject stupidity, I actually mounted speakers to run a 5.1.6 setup....until reality set in and I discovered my AVR would not do that. I thought it would be interesting, but being as how that's not a standard setup anyway, I'll be happy with the side surrounds instead. Some recordings in Atmos actually have a lot of content for side surrounds in a 7.1.4 setup so it is what it is, which is pretty good.

In a moment of abject stupidity, I actually mounted speakers to run a 5.1.6 setup....until reality set in and I discovered my AVR would not do that. I thought it would be interesting, but being as how that's not a standard setup anyway, I'll be happy with the side surrounds instead. Some recordings in Atmos actually have a lot of content for side surrounds in a 7.1.4 setup so it is what it is, which is pretty good.
BTW side surrounds as center height speakers are interesting but not that interesting. Ask Me how I know. lol.

Geeez Sal, why did you compromise on such a small TV? :ROFLMAO:
Congrats. Enjoy!
In case you hadn't heard, SIZE MATTERS LOL
I just couldn't live with the streaking on my 75 Sony any longer.
I had a small windfall from a maturing CD so, since there's only a few
hundred difference between 75 and 85, a no-brainer to me..
No wife here to nag it's too big for the room or anything like that, so ------------

I'll be happy with the side surrounds instead. Some recordings in Atmos actually have a lot of content for side surrounds in a 7.1.4 setup so it is what it is, which is pretty good.
That's probably a better choice in any case.
I really wish I had the room to add side surrounds here, just ain't no way jose'

Someone out there still has you beaten as far as biggest OLED...

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/lgs-wireless-97-inch-oled-tv-is-full-of-surprises/
And it's only $25,000. :eek:
Maybe next time, after the price drops to around $2,000
It wasn't that long ago that a 55' was $25k
Amazing how far we've come in say 20 years.
In the mean time, government regulations and such have pushed the price of a new car UP 10X in that amount of time..., not to mention groceries. :mad:

Maybe next time, after the price drops to around $2,000
It wasn't that long ago that a 55' was $25k
Amazing how far we've come in say 20 years.
In the mean time, government regulations and such have pushed the price of a new car UP 10X in that amount of time..., not to mention groceries. :mad:
Don't be troubled too much about it, Sal. Before we know it, we'll either be dead or kept alive by so many chemicals that we won't give a shit. :ROFLMAO: So enjoy your beautiful new grand TV.

Don't be troubled too much about it, Sal. Before we know it, we'll either be dead or kept alive by so many chemicals that we won't give a shit. :ROFLMAO: So enjoy your beautiful new grand TV.
Time does pass so rapidly.
Seems like only yesterday I was BS with friends talking about how someday we'd have a TV we could just hang on the wall like a picture.

This is my work in progress system! It goes turntable (Pro-ject debut carbon) fed to my “crutch” receiver (Yamaha HTR 5280) to either the Advents or Halfords (built by local hifi shop) with Klipsch R-51’s in the rear. If digital is what I desire, I’ve also got a Sony SACD player and LG 4k Blu-ray for just about any medium.

Attachments

• IMG_3471.jpeg
    IMG_3471.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/lgs-wireless-97-inch-oled-tv-is-full-of-surprises/
Speaking of WOLED TVs. For those with knowledge as well as experience...how common is burn-in within this technology? I will upgrade my regular LCD TV to an 83-85", but I'm still on the fence on whether to go MINI LED or WOLED. Price is significant higher on WOLED, however comparing these two I don't know how much of increase in quality there is.

Speaking of WOLED TVs. For those with knowledge as well as experience...how common is burn-in within this technology? I will upgrade my regular LCD TV to an 83-85", but I'm still on the fence on whether to go MINI LED or WOLED. Price is significant higher on WOLED, however comparing these two I don't know how much of increase in quality there is.
If you aren't constantly watching content with lots of static images (cable news with tickers, sports with score overlays, games with HUDs, etc.), don't worry too much about permanent screen burn. The only real issue I have with my 5-year-old LG B8 is a lack of yellow uniformity (green tint on some areas), which is only noticeable under very specific circumstances and not in most real world content.

That's one sweet monitor for sure. I have no doubt that if my 85 (and me) make it another 10 years that 97 will be well affordable by then. That would just about cover the whole wall where my TV is now. I WANT IT.
I don't get why the writer makes such a big deal out it being "wireless"?
It still requires a power cord so how much harder is it to hide one more HDMI cable. The active optical HDMI cord I use now is a skinny little thing anywho. Also I believe most users at this level of HT are doing their source switching at the AVR and only need one cable to the monitor.

If you aren't constantly watching content with lots of static images (cable news with tickers, sports with score overlays, games with HUDs, etc.), don't worry too much about permanent screen burn. The only real issue I have with my 5-year-old LG B8 is a lack of yellow uniformity (green tint on some areas), which is only noticeable under very specific circumstances and not in most real world content.
I dont watch the news, nor play games (well...rarely, I do have Nintendo Switch but I play every once in a while). My regular use is surround blurays, apple music (atmos), tv shows and movies. As fo the latter, what about watching a letterboxed movie, are the top and bottom black banners considered "static"? or that doesnt matter because the diodes are turned off?

I can't speak to "how common", but burn-in is a possible issue depending mainly on your use..
I do a lot of late night viewing reading the forums, etc; while listening to music and OFTEN fall asleep while doing so. I could easily see my TV having the headers, etc of QQ & ASR burned into my set after a year or two (maybe much sooner) if I didn't change my viewing habits.
I had a very expensive (for it's day) rear projector get the A&E channel logo and some other stuff get burned-in the year I busted my ankle, and later that year a leg, in motorcycle accidents when I spent a LOT of time watching TV and falling asleep. Just honestly evaluate your viewing habits and think it over. Once burned, twice shy they say. LOL
I don't/can't watch off axis in my room so that's non-issue for me.
I've done a lot to tame the light from outside but it's still pretty bright in here during daylight so I took that into account.
I did do a bunch of comparisons at BestBuy of the 2 systems and really didn't see a large difference between the NeoQLED Samsung and Sony/LG OLED. Just like our music, the source material was by far the biggest deal.
The price differences wasn't at all the deciding factor. it's not that big an issue any more though I did appreciate the factory fresh sale price I enjoyed on my Samsung.
Bottom line, this thing is an incredible set, the screen brightness and picture detail are among the very best available. If it don't blow up within the first year like my Sony did I'll be a happy camper.
As fo the latter, what about watching a letterboxed movie, are the top and bottom black banners considered "static"? or that doesnt matter because the diodes are turned off?
I don't believe that could ever be an burn-in issue.

Off-topic question about your home theaters guys.
What's your center channel/speaker height?
I'm considering buying a new tv furniture, however im afraid the center's height would be too low. (picture measurements are in cms, but it'd be 22.2"). Curent furniture has it at 31.5". Ear level is at 36-38"ish...thoughts?
Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 6.30.19 p.m..png

P.S: no, the TV wouldnt be standing from the furniture stand.

Off-topic question about your home theaters guys.
What's your center channel/speaker height?
I'm considering buying a new tv furniture, however im afraid the center's height would be too low. (picture measurements are in cms, but it'd be 22.2"). Curent furniture has it at 31.5". Ear level is at 36-38"ish...thoughts?
View attachment 92305
P.S: no, the TV wouldnt be standing from the furniture stand.
You should try to get the height of the high range drivers in the fronts and center as close as possible. Now, have I ever been able to do this? No. :(

Back