Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Sunrise in Sun City, AZ
9514B535-FD0D-4026-8014-AE20A72B47D9_1_102_o.jpeg

Gotta admit, I never heard of about half of those albums. And finding 100 “great” albums in a single year seems quite a stretch.
That's exactly what you need to do to find 100 great albums in any year... sssttrrreeeettttccchhhh.
It's still an impressive list, but you could come with 100 "great" albums in any year if you cast a wide enough net.

That's exactly what you need to do to find 100 great albums in any year... sssttrrreeeettttccchhhh.
It's still an impressive list, but you could come with 100 "great" albums in any year if you cast a wide enough net.
Okay, can anyone come up with a list of 100 great albums from 2020, the first year of the global pandemic? 2021? 🤔

Beautiful shot Clement! What are you doing in AZ? I thought you were heading to Japan about this time?

My grandparents retired to a Del Webb place in Sun City. Family visits there every other year. They were always so proud & happy to have us.

And the temp ain't so bad at, say, 4 in the morning.
I'm getting my parents into an assisted living facility. My wife and i are slated to head to Japan in late June. Miss you all! And music, too! Peace

10 each year is super easy, 25 is reasonable but beyond that and you need to include Greatest Hits and Live albums, or lie about an album being good.
I have 186 titles from 2020 (don't panic, our local library has a deal where you can download X# mp3s legally each week. This allows me to sample quite a bit of music each year).
Of those, I have listened to 35 in 2023 so there is no way I could pull 100 and be honest about 'yeah, you should check these out'

Seems to me that they were stuck on the number 100. They would have been just fine if they had shot for 25 instead. As lists go, this one is pretty listless.
I counted and I have/had 23 of the 100 albums. The 25 that would make someone’s list depends on the person and their tastes.

Somehow a “wide net” seems contrary to “great.” Two “great” albums each week? That would be one helluva year!

Back