Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the new Spiderman movie...
Definitely better than the first. First animated movie I enjoyed in a while. The art direction was really good. Worth going for the animation pretty cool stuff going on. Only problem was the movie was 2 hours and STILL ended on a cliffhanger...couldn't they have rounded it to 3 hours and finished the story up??? But hey, not everyone is used to 3 hour movies like I am, especially kids. Also, they probably have more plot to justify a third film.

Anyone else having problems with those GD coogle ads popping up and covering the alerts bell?
Not me. One of the perks of being a paid QQ supporter is you can turn off all the GD ads, google or otherwise. Occasionally I will view the forum not logged in on a browser with no ad blockers & the difference is staggering to me. Ads everywhere. Even within posts. I look at that & am amazed we even get new members the forum is so ad cluttered.

Not me. One of the perks of being a paid QQ supporter is you can turn off all the GD ads, google or otherwise. Occasionally I will view the forum not logged in on a browser with no ad blockers & the difference is staggering to me. Ads everywhere. Even within posts. I look at that & am amazed we even get new members the forum is so ad cluttered.
We just had to buy a replacement pc. Yup..we had windows 7 for over 11 years and now we have windows 11. Never was this screwed up with ads til now. This is unreal! We're outside most the time anyway...thankfully. The 'internet' is/was slowly killing my brain. The tv is OFF too.

Last edited:
We just had to buy a replacement pc. Yup..we had windows 7 for over 11 years and now we have windows 11. Never was this screwed up with ads til now. This is unreal! We're outside most the time anyway...thankfully
I'm probably stating the obvious but much depends on your browser & how it's set up. I gravitated to Firefox yearz n yearz ago partly because of the range of extensions & plug ins available. When Jon sold the forum & ads started running I didn't see much change because I was already using pop up & ad blockers. However I still became a paid supporter on a yearly basis because what Jon did as a passionate hobby now became a business that makes money by subscription & click through. No $$, no forum.

There's a few other practical benefits to paid membership:

• Recognition of your Supporting Member status.
  • The ability to post in Classifieds without waiting.
  • Longer editing time, it is increased to one month.
  • The ability to change username.
  • Unlimited private message space.
  • Unlimited file attachment space.
  • Unlimited gallery space.
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting Quadraphonic Quad's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community.

We just had to buy a replacement pc. Yup..we had windows 7 for over 11 years and now we have windows 11. Never was this screwed up with ads til now. This is unreal! We're outside most the time anyway...thankfully
Unfortunately the world now seems to think we are missing out on :poop: if we don't get 'targeted' Ads for cr*p we don't want, and content (i.e. more cr*p) we don't want to read/see/hear. If they just sent me Ads for new surround releases I'd be happy :ROFLMAO: ...... but they never do :cry:

Unfortunately the world now seems to think we are missing out on :poop: if we don't get 'targeted' Ads for cr*p we don't want, and content (i.e. more cr*p) we don't want to read/see/hear. If they just sent me Ads for new surround releases I'd be happy :ROFLMAO: ...... but they never do :cry:
Watch your mouth, Duncan. This is a family venue.......

I keep a bit of year round ventilation in the basement where my audio system resides because of concerns about potential radon levels. Well, the fargin atmospheric smoke has gotten so bad that the basement stinks of it. 😈
Yeah I'm in the Bassment too & have concerns about Radon, but not enough to test for it. I have good HVAC venting so I count on that to thin it out.

Even in KC area it's our 3rd day for an air quality warning. Not bad for me but it does look a little smoggy in the early hours when I walk the dogs. If you can smell the smoke in your basement I'd say it's time to close the windows for a bit. Or maybe try to counter act the effect by sipping some fine Canadian Mist!!

Yeah I'm in the Bassment too & have concerns about Radon, but not enough to test for it. I have good HVAC venting so I count on that to thin it out.

Even in KC area it's our 3rd day for an air quality warning. Not bad for me but it does look a little smoggy in the early hours when I walk the dogs. If you can smell the smoke in your basement I'd say it's time to close the windows for a bit. Or maybe try to counter act the effect by sipping some fine Canadian Mist!!
we had Canadian smoke issues a couple weeks ago here in Michigan. It was from the Manitoba fires. The haze made a sunny day a cloudy day ---4 days in a row. And the smell ? Eau De 'Toba !! We smelt like we were camping. Now its dem Quebec fires der, eh ? We've missed out on that--so far.

People say they won't join/read the forum because of the ads. They can't read off forum and don't want to log on all of the time.

Back