Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another from that storm.

Attachments

• _MG_9496-6.jpg
    _MG_9496-6.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I have a call out for help from you audio gurus. Arrived today ( shipping damage ) a pretty rare DVD. As you can see by the attached pic, the hub has a crack.
Would this be playable ? risky to my player ?
Any suggestion on how to fix ? Super glue ?
thanks in advance for advice

View attachment 92689
Not a good day. What was the DVD? Anyway maybe just try it in a spare disc spinner first? Before trying repair? Play once & rip to HDD.

Not a good day. What was the DVD? Anyway maybe just try it in a spare disc spinner first? Before trying repair? Play once & rip to HDD.
Sonik
no HDD at my house.

It is the Mercedes Benz Signature sound DTS Surround DVD

Seal “Amazing” (Seal) (P) 2007 Warner Bros. Records Inc. 3:28
Foreigner “Cold As Ice” (Gramm-Jones) (P) 1977 Atlantic Recording Corp. 3:20
Lady Gaga “Poker Face” (Lady Gaga-One) (P) 2008 Interscope Records. 3:59
Courtesy of Streamline/Kon Live/Cherrytree/Interscope Records under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.
James Blunt “You’re Beautiful” (Ghost-Blunt-Skarbek) (P) 2004 Atlantic Recording Corp. 3:32
Jason Derulo “In My Head” (Rotem-Desrouleaux-Kelly) (P) 2009 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Nikka Costa “Chase The Thrill” (Costa-Luttrell-Ciancia-Stanley-Bingham) 5:31
(P) 2012 gofunkyourself records under licence from gofunkyourself records.
Sting “Every Breath You Take” Featuring Branford Marsalis & The Royal Philharmonic Concert 6:01
Orchestra (Sting) (P) 2010 UMG Recordings Inc. Courtesy of UMG Recordings Inc. under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.
The Doobie Brothers “Long Train Runnin’” (Tom Johnston) (P) 1973 Warner Bros. Records Inc. 3:19
Creedence Clearwater Revival “Have You Ever Seen The Rain?” 2:41
(John Fogerty) from the album “Pendulum” (FCD-4517) Courtesy of Concord Music Group, Inc.
Sheryl Crow “Everyday Is A Winding Road” (Crow-Trott-Macleod) (P) 1986 A&M Records. 4:25
Courtesy of A&M Records under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.
Fine Young Cannibals “She Drives Me Crazy” (Steele-Gift) (P) 1989 FFRR Records Ltd. 3:26
Alanis Morissette “Ironic” (Ballard-Morissette) (P) 1995 Maverick Recording Company. 3:48
Alex Max Band “Tonight” (Single Mix) (Alex Max Band (BMI)/Scott Thomas, Universal Music Corp. 4:23
(ASCAP), Universal Music – Careers) (P) 2010. The copyright for this sound recording is owned by AMB Records under exclusive licence to Capitol Music, a division of EMI Music Germany GmbH & Co. KG, LC 00542. By courtesy of EMI Music Germany GmbH & Co. KG.
Yes “Owner Of A Lonely Heart“ (Rabin-Anderson-Squire-Horn) (P) 1983 Atlantic Recording Corp. 4:26
Tears For Fears “Shout” (Orzabal-Stanley) (P) 1985 Mercury Records Limited. 6:36
Courtesy of Mercury Records Limited under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.

Repair advice ?

I have a call out for help from you audio gurus. Arrived today ( shipping damage ) a pretty rare DVD. As you can see by the attached pic, the hub has a crack.

View attachment 92689
I've had a disc or two with a crack like that. The disc played fine but I understand why you'd feel like you were taking a risk every time you played it. From the way it looks, it's a clean crack (no material is missing) which would make me worry less. Mine were just a cd and an sacd so I could test both in a boom box (or equally disposable disc player) before I played them on my Oppo. I did eventually get a replacement for the sacd because it happened to be PF- TDSOTM and I didn't want to take the chance of it failing and not having a good copy (this was before the subsequent box sets with surround blu-rays).

View attachment 92689

Plastruct Bondene will work if you really think it is necessary to weld that crack.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/plastruct-bondene-cement/
It is available from many other online retailers.

Rick

View attachment 92689
Rickie,
The suggestion that AR surround has is what I was going to recommend. I've used the stuff in pic with a Hyperdermic needle. Capillary action will have the solvent cement flow/drawn in the crack, it melts the plastic.
But you only need a very small amount.

Attachments

• 16867119681779000860293130453618.jpg
    16867119681779000860293130453618.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sonik
no HDD at my house.

It is the Mercedes Benz Signature sound DTS Surround DVD

Seal “Amazing” (Seal) (P) 2007 Warner Bros. Records Inc. 3:28
Foreigner “Cold As Ice” (Gramm-Jones) (P) 1977 Atlantic Recording Corp. 3:20
Lady Gaga “Poker Face” (Lady Gaga-One) (P) 2008 Interscope Records. 3:59
Courtesy of Streamline/Kon Live/Cherrytree/Interscope Records under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.
James Blunt “You’re Beautiful” (Ghost-Blunt-Skarbek) (P) 2004 Atlantic Recording Corp. 3:32
Jason Derulo “In My Head” (Rotem-Desrouleaux-Kelly) (P) 2009 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Nikka Costa “Chase The Thrill” (Costa-Luttrell-Ciancia-Stanley-Bingham) 5:31
(P) 2012 gofunkyourself records under licence from gofunkyourself records.
Sting “Every Breath You Take” Featuring Branford Marsalis & The Royal Philharmonic Concert 6:01
Orchestra (Sting) (P) 2010 UMG Recordings Inc. Courtesy of UMG Recordings Inc. under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.
The Doobie Brothers “Long Train Runnin’” (Tom Johnston) (P) 1973 Warner Bros. Records Inc. 3:19
Creedence Clearwater Revival “Have You Ever Seen The Rain?” 2:41
(John Fogerty) from the album “Pendulum” (FCD-4517) Courtesy of Concord Music Group, Inc.
Sheryl Crow “Everyday Is A Winding Road” (Crow-Trott-Macleod) (P) 1986 A&M Records. 4:25
Courtesy of A&M Records under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.
Fine Young Cannibals “She Drives Me Crazy” (Steele-Gift) (P) 1989 FFRR Records Ltd. 3:26
Alanis Morissette “Ironic” (Ballard-Morissette) (P) 1995 Maverick Recording Company. 3:48
Alex Max Band “Tonight” (Single Mix) (Alex Max Band (BMI)/Scott Thomas, Universal Music Corp. 4:23
(ASCAP), Universal Music – Careers) (P) 2010. The copyright for this sound recording is owned by AMB Records under exclusive licence to Capitol Music, a division of EMI Music Germany GmbH & Co. KG, LC 00542. By courtesy of EMI Music Germany GmbH & Co. KG.
Yes “Owner Of A Lonely Heart“ (Rabin-Anderson-Squire-Horn) (P) 1983 Atlantic Recording Corp. 4:26
Tears For Fears “Shout” (Orzabal-Stanley) (P) 1985 Mercury Records Limited. 6:36
Courtesy of Mercury Records Limited under licence from Universal Music Enterprises.

Repair advice ?
Oh......I thought the Dvd might be something from the future.....like the 2023 Super bowl highlights 'Detroit's return to Glory'😀

The Analog Kid is fading
Me.
After 43 years of continuously getting the same local newspaper ( and many more years than that reading my parents subscript in my youth ),
my last copy of said paper will be tomorrow. Its just gotten too damn expensive, and too shitty of a local rag

Someone said - save money, just subscribe to the digital edition

No. The Analog Kid likes physical media.

The Times They Are A'Changin

Back