Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Analog Kid is fading
Me.
After 43 years of continuously getting the same local newspaper ( and many more years than that reading my parents subscript in my youth ),
my last copy of said paper will be tomorrow. Its just gotten too damn expensive, and too shitty of a local rag

Someone said - save money, just subscribe to the digital edition

No. The Analog Kid likes physical media.

The Times They Are A'Changin
I miss the newspaper but it got to the point where I felt like a schmuck because the price kept going up and the pages kept going down. In the end it was more of a pamphlet than a paper.

Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.
😢

I miss the newspaper but it got to the point where I felt like a schmuck because the price kept going up and the pages kept going down. In the end it was more of a pamphlet than a paper.

Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.
😢
We used to buy the local mullet wrapper, even as prices went up, but they finally gave up the ghost. We have no local paper here anymore. Can't say I miss it much other than reading the shenanigans and goings on at the County Board of Commissioners meetings, where you have/had to have an advance appt. set up to speak at the "public" meetings.
Large County, population not so much. Thankfully.

I don't know if you ever work with acrylic, but the liquid adhesive used to bond acrylic works the same way. Get some in a small syringe with a small needle or one of those small bottles with needles, put a little on the crack and it will fuse it together.
I don't use this brand/type but Weld-On has been around for a while.
https://www.amazon.com/Weld-Acrylic...686829517&s=industrial&sr=1-11&ts_id=25622601

This will also work because it is "water thin." A bottle of Plastruct Bondene will be cheaper and can be applied in a very narrow line by trimming the applicator brush that is inside the bottle. I use the stuff on my HO scale choo choos, which require MUCH finer application than the crack in that disc. BTW, a local hobby shop should have some. (Don't let them try to sell you any substitute however.)

This will also work because it is "water thin." A bottle of Plastruct Bondene will be cheaper and can be applied in a very narrow line by trimming the applicator brush that is inside the bottle. I use the stuff on my HO scale choo choos, which require MUCH finer application than the crack in that disc. BTW, a local hobby shop should have some. (Don't let them try to sell you any substitute however.)
Yes depending on what type of solvent is used, even a small needle like those bottles in the link I posted takes a fine touch for sure.
Most of my acrylic work has been bonding sheet acrylic. doesn't take so fine a touch. I've bent hell out of acrylic with a heat gun, and I form/bend 12mm acrylic tubing on my water cooled pc.
But the small object stuff like I imagine you do I have no experience with. It took me a bit to learn how to bend the acrylic tubing without wrinkles and burns, but i insert a piece of round, heat resistant rubber coated in Olive Oil at spots where I make the bends and I do have a few aids for making 45-90* bends. The rest is pretty much freehand such as 180* bends.

This post only goes in the Random Stuff thread, so...
1K CLUB! WOOHOO!
this is my thousandth post here at qq
Show off.
7747024d-fa2d-4e63-bdb2-fd3761b3bb49_text.gif

;):ROFLMAO:

Back