Soundgarden Superunknown box set coming with 5.1 mix on Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that $108 is a price to "jump on" given that it's more than the Soundgarden pre-sale price is, but I pre-ordered anyway just in case there's a big price drop even for 1 hour between now and the release date, then I'm on it with the price guarantee.

I did the same thing. Is there a way to search Amazon to see what the lowest price was just before release?

crikey! thank you :) do you know if it is a limited edition?

btw I meant to say about the Muse SACD, the sound is nothing special and the surround is just reverb/ambience from what I could gather. I imagine the DVD is exactly the same and you'd save yourself a lot of hassle and money getting that I guess!

how you keeping anyway? (I'm about to have an aneurysm over the Neil Young thing but apart from that great!)

crikey! thank you :) do you know if it is a limited edition?

btw I meant to say about the Muse SACD, the sound is nothing special and the surround is just reverb/ambience from what I could gather. I imagine the DVD is exactly the same and you'd save yourself a lot of hassle and money getting that I guess!

how you keeping anyway? (I'm about to have an aneurysm over the Neil Young thing but apart from that great!)

Adam, about the Muse hullabaloo-thanks for that update as thats what I thought as I bought the concert Dvd, love the energy of the concert but sound wise just as you said, not much going on in the rears.
Well to keep back on topic here maybe you can sell your Muse Sacd, buy the Muse Dvd and you could afford the Soundgarden. I am not sure if its a limited edition maybe some others here know that but at that price I am not buying, thats to rich for me for just one album.

Good to see that there will be many reviews of the Blu-ray surround mix to help those of us that cannot take the plunge right now ;)

FYI...if you download the "itunes festival app", they are streaming Soundgarden performing Superunknown live in its entirety which was performed last night at the SXSW Festival. Great performance!

Good on yer! (y) I'm not sure even this loony can stretch to 80 quid this time round.. if its a limited edition I'll have to get it or run the risk of it being 200 by Christmas :mad:@:

You're not buying a 5.1 release, that must be a first! :) Doesn't seem to be a limited edition, but there is a limited edition 5x vinyl 10-inch discs which goes on sale on Record Store Day, April 19.

Hey- I'm gonna wait for the reviews here. While I own and generally like the album, I don't see any groundbreaking 5.1 mix coming off of this. Swilrling spoons during "Spoonman" isn't going to sell me. Thanks.

I've been a Soundgarden fan since 1989 when "Louder Than Love" was released. Have all their albums, some EP's, SOMMS, etc… "Badmotorfinger" and "Superunknown" are my two favs and as long as this upcoming set doesn't sound anything like "Telephantasm" which makes my ears bleed then this fan will be happy. Although I hope the 5.1 sounds awesome, at least the disc also includes a 96/24 2.0 stereo mix that if mixed correctly should sound much better than CD. Patrick and anyone else who is choosing to wait for reviews, that is probably a wise decision since UME and other labels have released many Super Deluxe Editions that sound less than desirable and probably just sit on collectors shelves collecting dust. If anyone else has already decided they too wanted to preorder this edition, the best deal I've seen so far if you want a tee shirt and hoodie with your set is

http://soundgarden.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=58631_65477&pc=BGGACOMBO08

Back