Soundgarden Superunknown box set coming with 5.1 mix on Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI...if you download the "itunes festival app", they are streaming Soundgarden performing Superunknown live in its entirety which was performed last night at the SXSW Festival. Great performance!

I watched it on the weekend, thought it was great except for Cornell's vocals in some parts, seem to be unable to hit some notes and was out of time with the music. Then again they probably haven't played some of those songs for many years, or at all, so i guess I'll let let slide ;)

Cornell said at the beginning of the show that they had never done Superunknown front to back before even in rehearsal. I really want this blu-ray but there's no way I'm paying $100 for it.

Cornell said at the beginning of the show that they had never done Superunknown front to back before even in rehearsal. I really want this blu-ray but there's no way I'm paying $100 for it.
Well then I guess you don't really want it. :D

I really wanted the blu-ray of Aqualung and I paid $130 for it. Do I ever regret it? No, never.

Is there any difference between the Canadian and U.S. release? I would imagine the contents are the same but are all the discs manufactured and pressed at the same location using the same materials and quality standards?

Is there any difference between the Canadian and U.S. release? I would imagine the contents are the same but are all the discs manufactured and pressed at the same location using the same materials and quality standards?

For Universal product releases the only differences I've seen is with movie releases, they include a bilingual slip cover. For music releases they're usually identical and I fully expect that to be the case here.

Far more palatable, jumped on that one this morning, thank you. For our friends in the US the exchange rate right now is around 13% so this works out to approximately US$65 before shipping.

The Amazon ASIN on .com and .ca is the same which would be a good indicator that they are identical products.

Thanks for responding everyone! I seem to recall reading somewhere online that most Canadian and US releases on CD are now pressed in Mexico. If that's true then hopefully the quality standards and discs are exactly the same as say the U.K. Amazon.com still has this listed for $107.87 + tax so thanks to Wavelength, I'll just cancel that order.:)

Thanks for the heads up.
The only thing with Amazon CA is that they really rip you on the shipping to the US, more expensive and just as slow as Amazon UK shipping.
No prime, nothing.
With expedited shipping it works out to ~$76USD.
Expedited shipping is $1CDN more than regular.

Ordered it from Amazon.de for 75 € and cancelled my Anazon.com pre order.

This will be my birthday present along with the Brain Salad Surgery super deluxe set.

What a pleasant anticipation for me! :banana:

Hey guys! Paul Sinclair over at Superdeluxeedition posted a deal alert for this set today - 40% off the regular UK price at amazon.co.uk! The price is £49.99. I guess that still boils down to more than what some of you found above for other countries, especially when you convert to Dollars. But it may be interesting for UK residents!

Here's his article.

Here's the direct link to amazon.co.uk.

Hey guys! Paul Sinclair over at Superdeluxeedition posted a deal alert for this set today - 40% off the regular UK price at amazon.co.uk! The price is £49.99. I guess that still boils down to more than what some of you found above for other countries, especially when you convert to Dollars. But it may be interesting for UK residents!

Here's his article.

Here's the direct link to amazon.co.uk.

Thank you!! (y) That's Fab! Just pre-ordered at a more palatable £49.99 :banana:

They should of just released the Blu Ray, that alone would sell twice as much. Shame, i will not be buying this as i have no care for the CDs. Even at £49.99, it is still overpriced for a 5 disc box set.

V.True.. I'd much rather have just the BDA and I bet a lot of us here agree.

Things are getting a little bit better (Quadrophenia 5.1 BDA will be avail. separately etc) but these bastards know they've got us over a barrel and if we want the 5.1 we have to cough up for a boxful of bollocks! :flame :howletc.! :D

I was having a little spring clean earlier and too many 5.1 mixes are trapped in these big boxes, it's daft! (Elliot S. Layla.. Aqualung SW 5.1 & Quad.. BDA's of DSOTM & WYWH Quads & 5.1's, more so for the Quad mixes.. Muse Resistance.. all should be out there as standalones too.. Blah!) sod the rest of the cleaning up I'm having a beer :friday:

V.True.. I'd much rather have just the BDA and I bet a lot of us here agree.

Things are getting a little bit better (Quadrophenia 5.1 BDA will be avail. separately etc) but these bastards know they've got us over a barrel and if we want the 5.1 we have to cough up for a boxful of bollocks! :flame :howletc.! :D

I was having a little spring clean earlier and too many 5.1 mixes are trapped in these big boxes, it's daft! (Elliot S. Layla.. Aqualung SW 5.1 & Quad.. BDA's of DSOTM & WYWH Quads & 5.1's, more so for the Quad mixes.. Muse Resistance.. all should be out there as standalones too.. Blah!) sod the rest of the cleaning up I'm having a beer :friday:

Yes they know what they are doing! I might buy this then sell the CDs. I don't think anyone will pay over £20 for a 4 CD set though. That being said some may want the CDs and not the Blu Ray(i am thinking some of those on Hoffman forums)? If i could get £30 back i would be happy enough.

Back