Spatial Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and don't mean to derail this thread but I'm excited to see that there is someone from Involve Audio here and I think my question is related.

Briefly, how I got here: I'm a musician/composer working on a sound/video installation (jointly with a video artist). The music will be reproduced in 4.0. I'll be using a 4.0 hardware device (Tsunami Super WAV Trigger) for playback of the main tracks but there will be some secondary audio mixed in from other sources which will only come in as 2-channel. I'm now thinking that I might be able encode these tracks for 4.0 and have them move around in the sound field.

My research into quad let me to Suzanne Ciani's recent album LIVE Quadraphonic, which led me to Involve Audio and their decoder board. It also led me to the Quark plugin which for me worked really well in Logic. I think, but I'm not sure, that both use DS encoding? I was able play the album through Logic and decode it into a very fun and engaging quad mix. I can't say if it was as intended, I would think so.

I don't see the 'Diva of the Diode' board for sale anywhere and the album is out of print (limited run).

Now to my question, does the current decoder board offered by Involve Audio (Involve Decoder Evaluation Kit) use the same decoding as the DOTD board did? Could it successfully decode content encoded with the Quark plugin? I realize that there is also an encode board but I need to both be cost effective and time effective and being able output mixes quickly through Logic and the Quark plugin is important.

Very curious about this!

Thanks,
Michael

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and don't mean to derail this thread but I'm excited to see that there is someone from Involve Audio here and I think my question is related.

Briefly, how I got here: I'm a musician/composer working on a sound/video installation (jointly with a video artist). The music will be reproduced in 4.0. I'll be using a 4.0 hardware device (Tsunami Super WAV Trigger) for playback of the main tracks but there will be some secondary audio mixed in from other sources which will only come in as 2-channel. I'm now thinking that I might be able encode these tracks for 4.0 and have them move around in the sound field.

My research into quad let me to Suzanne Ciani's recent album LIVE Quadraphonic, which led me to Involve Audio and their decoder board. It also led me to the Quark plugin which for me worked really well in Logic. I think, but I'm not sure, that both use DS encoding? I was able play the album through Logic and decode it into a very fun and engaging quad mix. I can't say if it was as intended, I would think so.

I don't see the 'Diva of the Diode' board for sale anywhere and the album is out of print (limited run).

Now to my question, does the current decoder board offered by Involve Audio (Involve Decoder Evaluation Kit) use the same decoding as the DOTD board did? Could it successfully decode content encoded with the Quark plugin? I realize that there is also an encode board but I need to both be cost effective and time effective and being able output mixes quickly through Logic and the Quark plugin is important.

Very curious about this!

Thanks,
Michael
Welcome in to the QQ.

You need to direct this question to @chucky3042 of Involve.
He is very open to questions here, best of luck with your projects, and please keep us informed.

Hi,

Very curious about this!

Thanks,
Michael
Hi Michael

Whats DOTD?????????????
Re the Suzanne Ciani record, it was recorded in "Intelligent Involve " format. Re Quark its basically QS format done by my mate Kamran V who are/ were working on an Involve plugin but it does not sound right yet. If you wanna chat about recording "Dave the Bitch" is da man on [email protected].

Regards

Chucky

Well, there ia no easy answer to tech. We all use it and it is all bad for the environment

NFTs are not "tech", it is a financial product, and it remains one when you pretend to fill it with somethign releated to your artwork.

as far as i can tell, most artist do not care at all.

as long as there are no marketplaces which delete the usual mass spam nonsense, it is unusable for humans with a working brain (i.e. even when you are aware that it is relasing a financial product which has nothing to do with your art)

i would also like to add that creating vinyl and emitting certificates is not a contradiction at all, you could do both if you want.

Back