Spinners QUADIO Blu Ray Comments

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please see: Post in thread '4 More Quadio titles coming in October!'
SPOTLIGHT - 4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

Quote:

“Hey Everybody
An update on the Spinners Quadio issue.
Found the problem ("Channel Driver issue" during the mastered audio file output sequence of events I'm told) and it has been resolved so we are re-running the entire production quantity. Too much bother to recall and re-pack the discs.
The 800 or so of those who have ordered / received this title will receive replacement copies. Same packaging. It's a total do-over. Looking at mid-December for those to go out.
On the Rhino web store site, it will now have a "Ships December 15th" or some language like that. (I see it ain't like that yet. Geez.) Okay, still early info obviously.

So the retail date will move but at least that will be fixed product shipping from Amazon or whoever.

Anyway, the good news is if you bought it from the site, we'll send you a new one when product is good to go. Patience.

Apologies and thanks.”

It's very easy to fix it though. Because I rip the disc to wav and duplicate the surrounds into the back channels to make a more enveloping effect, I hardly ever listen to a disc. The wav files are on hard drives. It was very easy to boost the left front to equal the right front in the process.

It's very easy to fix it though. Because I rip the disc to wav and duplicate the surrounds into the back channels to make a more enveloping effect, I hardly ever listen to a disc. The wav files are on hard drives. It was very easy to boost the left front to equal the right front in the process.
if that is what's up with the disc then yes it's easy for those who have such a facility but i'm not sure how many are in that position?

some folks possibly only play these Quadio's back direct from the disc and aren't in the habit of ripping or even know how to do so.

From the new email I got today, after I asked "What do you want a video of?" it is obvious that whoever is answering customer service emails about The Spinners Quadio has not been informed that there is an issue with all the discs.

Hi FR, I hope replacements will automatically be shipped to those who ordered the album. That's the best way for all. But if we have to email, fill out a form, scan & copy the barcode, send copy of original order, mail the existing disc back first, etc. that's not so convenient ;)

I've seen it done with varying degrees of complexity. For example, for season 8 of the XFiles bluray box set that had messed up black levels, and remastered Fifth Element from Sony to fix some issues, all we had to do was request the replacement by email and attach copy of original order. Replacement discs were mailed out in a timely fashion by both Sony & 20th C Fox (pre-Disney of course).

Please keep this replacement process as simple as possible. Thanks!!
They will.

From the new email I got today, after I asked "What do you want a video of?" it is obvious that whoever is answering customer service emails about The Spinners Quadio has not been informed that there is an issue with all the discs.
Fact.
As I said replacement product will be sent to those who purchased copies from Rhino.com.

Any update for the shipping of the replacement disc?
I still have not received my second Quadio shipment, which was putatively sent on16 October. I wrote to Rhino, who told me since 8 weeks had elapsed, they would reship three of the discs, and the Spinners would be sent when replacements were available. When i asked when that might be, i was told:

"They have not set a specific date, but sometime in December they will ship out, so shouldn't be too long."

IMG_3632.jpeg

IMG_3631.jpeg

Received Email from Rhino this afternoon........

Hello Quadio Lover!​
We spotted an audio glitch in your Spinners Quadio release and have issued a full repress to ensure you get that fully immersive four-channel sound.​
We're sending you a fresh copy for your listening pleasure, due to ship out before the end of the month.​
Keep an eye on your mailbox and another out for breaking news on our next set of Quadio releases.​
Happy Holidays,​
The Rhino Team​

Back