Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another UK first press.

FB_IMG_1649532069523.jpg

20220403_193411.jpg

Both albums are great, but the 1/2 speed mastered Roxy Music "For Your Pleasure" is so clean, quiet, and dynamic, it is just incredible. I have always liked early Roxy but I never owned this one back in the day. So it is so much fun for me to discover great classic recordings like this for the first time. "The Strand" has always been one of my favorite RM songs and it is still up there. Still, I was surprised that I liked the rest of the album just as much. To think of this music out in 1973? Wow! It really was cutting edge. Glam rock with Brian Eno's obvious contribution. Extremely spacey and enjoyable! I can only hope for a multichannel mix someday. Until then the stereo mix certainly doesn't disappoint.

Last edited:
View attachment 77732
Both albums are great, but the 1/2 speed mastered Roxy Music "For Your Pleasure" is so clean, quiet, and dynamic, it is just incredible. I have always liked early Roxy but I never owned this one back in the day. So it is so much fun for me to to discover great classic recordings like this for the first time. "The Strand" has always been one of my favorite RM songs and it is still up there. Still, I was surprised that I liked the rest of the album just as much. To think of this music out in 1973? Wow! It really was cutting edge. Glam rock with Brian Eno's obvious contribution. Extremely spacey and enjoyable! I can only hope for a multichannel mix someday. Until then the stereo mix certainly doesn't disappoint.
Dennis, killing me. I want the half speed master of Roxy, only I wondered if it were any good. Now, I'm going to buy it.

View attachment 77732
Both albums are great, but the 1/2 speed mastered Roxy Music "For Your Pleasure" is so clean, quiet, and dynamic, it is just incredible. I have always liked early Roxy but I never owned this one back in the day. So it is so much fun for me to to discover great classic recordings like this for the first time. "The Strand" has always been one of my favorite RM songs and it is still up there. Still, I was surprised that I liked the rest of the album just as much. To think of this music out in 1973? Wow! It really was cutting edge. Glam rock with Brian Eno's obvious contribution. Extremely spacey and enjoyable! I can only hope for a multichannel mix someday. Until then the stereo mix certainly doesn't disappoint.

Hi Dennis - ironically, my copy of the Toshiba authored Japanese copy CD arrived yesterday. And like the MFSL, its a home run. Ive been digging on early Roxy the past few weeks. Great stuff. Thanks for posting !

View attachment 77732

Just bought tickets to see Roxy Music in September I love the first two albums. You can hear the tension between Bryan Ferry and Eno. I mean that in a good way. One of my all time favorite albums.

I totally get what you are saying about discovering those albums for the first time. I listened to Diamond Dogs and Scary Monsters by Bowie for the first time this week. Can't believe it took me this long to listen.

Just bought tickets to see Roxy Music in September I love the first two albums. You can hear the tension between Bryan Ferry and Eno. I mean that in a good way. One of my all time favorite albums.

I totally get what you are saying about discovering those albums for the first time. I listened to Diamond Dogs and Scary Monsters by Bowie for the first time this week. Can't believe it took me this long to listen.

Hey Syrinx - listening to stuff we've not heard makes this hobby SO much fun !!!. My feelings exactly on early Roxy Music. Up until a few weeks ago, I was AWOL on this - and decades later - here I am - and digging it

View attachment 77902

Another UK first pressing. I cannot get enough of "Echoes"
I remember lying in bed with my mono cassette recorder and a microphone next to my small radio and taping Echoes when John Peel (UK BBC Radio-1 late night Rock Jock!) played it for the first time on release day! Its probably my favourite Floyd track.

I remember lying in bed with my mono cassette recorder and a microphone next to my small radio and taping Echoes when John Peel (UK BBC Radio-1 late night Rock Jock!) played it for the first time on release day! Its probably my favourite Floyd track.

That's awesome! WCKW FM 92.3 out of New Orleans used to play full albums. My buddy taped this off the radio and then I copied his cassette. Loved Echoes the first time I heard it.

That's awesome. I used to do similar. I had my little Radio Shack mono recorder and I would lay in bed every night and record every episode of John Records Landecker Boogie Check on the great AM 89, WLS.

Back