Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick Lowe - Cowboy Outfit (someone gave me this copy in the mid-nineties.)
Nick Lowe.jpg

Just realized: I do not own a Nick Lowe album.
Shame on me
No doubt I’m opening up a rabbit hole but where do I start?
PPFNP?

Just realized: I do not own a Nick Lowe album.
Shame on me
No doubt I’m opening up a rabbit hole but where do I start?
PPFNP?

Yes, Pure Pop (aka Jesus of Cool) is a perfect place to start. Labour of Lust as well. Or if you'd rather have an overview, the cool folks at Yep Roc released a good 2 CD + DVD compilation called Quiet Please that touches all phases of his career.

Lots of great stuff in Nick's catalog.

Under appreciated group I think, tough to find a better power ballad than "Afterglow" from Ogden's Nut....
I have the circular cut-out LP which 'opens up' like the tin of tobacco on the cover, love the album, great songs and crazy, when I put it on after buying it my parents were not impressed!

A friend (Jeff Zimmer) loaned this to me for a listen. I found out it's an early ZT edition, he wasn't aware. You can see the raised letters near the spindle hole in the pic. It also has the original inner sleeve, but he'd re-sleeved it in a new Mofi one. The outer cover is pretty well worn, but the vinyl is fairly clean and it sounds AWESOME.

PPL ZT Mono.jpg

Found this little Promo copy rarity, and in amazing shape, shrink still attached and M- condition, so it's out for a double clean and spinning tonight.
A bit of info:

Clear vinyl release with grey (black and white) "cage" cover art wrapping around jacket from back to front.
This is de facto 1st pressing on vinyl released in cover used before for gray promo release but stickered on back with new barcode and cat# and with added PA sticker on front of vinyl jacket.
This issue uses the grey promo jacket marked ZP11052-1 on the spine, but covers the promotional notes on the back of the jacket with a white, barcoded sticker and new release catalog number 72445-11052-1.
As well, different vinyl label used than on the grey vinyl promo version.
Plain white inner sleeve and the parental advisory "EXPLICIT LYRICS" sticker on the front of the vinyl jacket.

tool-1.jpg

Attachments

• tool-2.jpg
    tool-2.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
Back