Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited II

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al b

I just read on the Agents of Mercy Facebook Page that the new Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited 2 recording is being mixed for 5.1. Nad Sylvan (vocalist for Agents of Mercy) is on a few tracks. From www.genesis-news.com/news-Steve-Hackett-SQUACKETT-and-Genesis-Revisited-II-news-n280.html site, the contents are to be as follows:

"In the meantime work on the second Genesis Revisited album progresses. Steve Hackett wants to release the album in 2012. So far he has kept the lid on the musicians involved and the songs he has chosen, but several musicians who are involved have leaked some tidbits. The following songs are said to be included in the album (guest musicians and/or guest vocalists in brackets)

The Musical Box (with Nad Sylvan)
Can-Utility and the Coastliners
Horizons
Supper's Ready
Dancing With the Moonlit Knight (with Simon Collins)
The Chamber of 32 Doors (with Nad Sylvan)
The Lamia (with Nik Kershaw)
Eleventh Earl of Mar (with Nad Sylvan)
Blood On The Rooftops (with Gary O'Toole)
Afterglow (with John Wetton)

A new version of Camino Royale is also said to be on the album, as is an unspecified song from his debut album Voyage Of The Acolyte. Another hot contender is Carpet Crawlers, but this song has not been confirmed so far. The album will probably be a double album, and other guest musicians will be Steven Wilson and Neal Morse.

According to Nad Sylvan (singer with Unifaun) there will be a European tour in 2013 where Sylvan will sing lead vocals on most songs.

More information as we get it."

I just read on the Agents of Mercy Facebook Page that the new Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited 2 recording is being mixed for 5.1. Nad Sylvan (vocalist for Agents of Mercy) is on a few tracks. From www.genesis-news.com/news-Steve-Hackett-SQUACKETT-and-Genesis-Revisited-II-news-n280.html site, the contents are to be as follows:

"In the meantime work on the second Genesis Revisited album progresses. Steve Hackett wants to release the album in 2012. So far he has kept the lid on the musicians involved and the songs he has chosen, but several musicians who are involved have leaked some tidbits. The following songs are said to be included in the album (guest musicians and/or guest vocalists in brackets)

The Musical Box (with Nad Sylvan)
Can-Utility and the Coastliners
Horizons
Supper's Ready
Dancing With the Moonlit Knight (with Simon Collins)
The Chamber of 32 Doors (with Nad Sylvan)
The Lamia (with Nik Kershaw)
Eleventh Earl of Mar (with Nad Sylvan)
Blood On The Rooftops (with Gary O'Toole)
Afterglow (with John Wetton)

A new version of Camino Royale is also said to be on the album, as is an unspecified song from his debut album Voyage Of The Acolyte. Another hot contender is Carpet Crawlers, but this song has not been confirmed so far. The album will probably be a double album, and other guest musicians will be Steven Wilson and Neal Morse.

According to Nad Sylvan (singer with Unifaun) there will be a European tour in 2013 where Sylvan will sing lead vocals on most songs.

More information as we get it."

Steven Wilson sings Can-Utility!

I sing Can Utility and the Coastliners on Steve Hackett's next Genesis Revisited album (Mikael is on it too). Great song, tough to sing!

https://twitter.com/StevenWilsonHQ/status/217223421006839810

Does anyone know if a 5.1 is going to be released of this right aways.
I see amazon.uk has a mediabook limited release but I can't see this being the 5.1 of this.
Here is link for that:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0094F2IHK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Nope. 2CD release. Tracklisting below

CD 1:

1. Chamber Of 32 Doors 06:00
2. Horizons 01:41
3. Supper's Ready 23:35
4. The Lamia 07:47
5. Dancing With The Moonlit Knight 08:10
6. Fly On A Windshield 02:54
7. Broadway Melody Of 1974 02:23
8. The Musical Box 10:57
9. Can-Utility And The Coastliners 05:50
10. Please Don't Touch 04:03

CD 2:

1. Blood On The Rooftops 06:56
2. The Return Of The Giant Hogweed 08:46
3. Entangled 06:35
4. Eleventh Earl Of Mar 07:51
5. Ripples 08:14
6. Unquiet Slumbers For The Sleepers 02:12
7. In That Quiet Earth 04:47
8. Afterglow 04:09
9. A Tower Struck Down 04:45
10. Camino Royale 06:19
11. Shadow Of The Hierophant 10:45

Wow, you must really struggle to find new stuff to listen to if you're not interested in anything that's just stereo. :D

Wow, you must really struggle to find new stuff to listen to if you're not interested in anything that's just stereo. :D

Not at all I will buy pretty much anything in 5.1 I will buy what I think I will like in stereo. I know that i am just not that big a Genesis fan and listening to something 'revisited' no matter how stellar the cast list is less appealing to me than some other imminent releases.

Sandy Denny box
Graham Bond box
Django Reinhardt box
new Neil Young album
New Andy Partridge album

than in surround
Beatles Magical Mystery tour
Steven Wilson live album
Travis and Tripp album
Kompendium album
Larks.. box set

thanks for the thought though :)

Hackett is brilliant and carries the real flag of Genesis. He has no aversion to the stuff he did with them in the 70's. Can't wait to see his upcoming tour...all tracks from '72 to '77, including Supper's Ready!!!! He's all us old-school classic prog era Genesis fans have, and he's no slouch about it!

Agreed, was fortunate to see him with Genesis in 1977. This will be great. Steven Wilson singing Can Utility & The Coastliners will be a nice bonus.

Back