Streaming of videos with 5.1 sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdysseyMusik

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
HI!
I'm still waiting on Youtube and others to offer streaming with 5.1 sound!
Does any of you know any sites for that (besides Netflix who have a few concert films)?

Meanwhile I have set up a site for that with the artists on surroundmusic.one who have made videos for streaming with surround sound:
https://surroundmusic.one/video-streaming/
Now it plays mp4 with ac3 320 kbps sound and 3 different video solutions: 1080p, 720p & 480p. (I couldn't get the player working with mkv videos with mc flac:()

I would appreciate if some of you who can play surround music direct from a browser to test the site:
  • Is some of it stalling?
  • Or is all working fine?
  • Is there problems streaming from my EU server being in the US?
  • Are there other comments?
If there would be more videos with surround sound it could help spread the music mixed in surround sound I believe!

Cheers,
Jan:)

Hi Jan,

I've made the only test I can, using the default web browser on my Samsung TV. It's a couple years old model, 4K native. I've got 1 Gbps internet link at home, so really my limit is the crappy connectivity of the TV (100 Mbps ethernet or less than 250 if I go wireless). In any case, more than enough to stream 4K.
Here's the funny stuff: Everything runs smoothly when I run the 720p videos. My Marantz detects the Dolby 5.1 signal and plays it fine. When I choose 1080p, I can see the browser quickly filling up the buffer, but after a few seconds it stalls (and you can see the buffer getting empty all of a sudden). And it repeats every few seconds.
I'm in the EU as well.

Hope it helps,

César

You mean like this? Of course it is just upconverted from Dolby type stuff, or extended stereo, iirc. I still liked it, as I was a wild child of the 80s.

Attachments

• Pure-80s-The-Ultimate-DVD-Box-DVD.jpg
    Pure-80s-The-Ultimate-DVD-Box-DVD.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 62
  • img_0.jpg
    img_0.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 58
Back