Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A KILLER one-two Surround Master PUNCH! Listened to C, S & N last night and woke up to C, S, N & Y this morning!
Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 9.11.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 9.12.23 AM.png

A KILLER one-two Surround Master PUNCH! Listened to C, S & N last night and woke up to C, S, N & Y this morning!
View attachment 100267View attachment 100268

Besides the music Deja vu was my favorite album to open up on my lap & roll joints on. I have not listened to it on the Surround Master but I bet there's still some seeds stuck in the folds if I opened it up.

Besides the music Deja vu was my favorite album to open up on my lap & roll joints on. I have not listened to it on the Surround Master but I bet there's still some seeds stuck in the folds if I opened it up.
Man! You're taking me back! Loved those gatefolds. Used to lick them when my supply got low!

Various Artists/Hard To Find Jukebox Classics Volume 5 Pop (1955-1964) from the good people at Eric Records. As the 50's and 60's were my wonder years and if we weren't listening to our 45's we were listening to the radio. Since these are the best remasters out there I was curious how they'd sound through the SM3 and they sound amazing!!! I love Ben E. King's Spanish Harlem and it sounded absolutely mind blowing, couldn't believe my ears.

View attachment 100399
View attachment 100400
It's like hearing it for the first time all over again!
You inspired me to check out this 2 x 45 rpm release – Orbison and the lush production sound SPECTACULAR through the Surround Master!
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 11.12.39 PM.png

https://www.discogs.com/release/11688257-Roy-Orbison-Crying

Last edited by a moderator:
Circus Maximus/Circus Maximus & Neverland Revisited - One of the many Vanguard Master releases. I've heard several of them and the remastering is impeccable, they all sound amazing run through the SM3. I purchased this cd for 1 song, Wind. It was played regularly on the FM stations in the 60's and I fell in love with it then and never tire of it. Listening to it through the SM3 sounds so good that I want to turn it to ELEVEN!!!

Circus Maximus.jpg

Circus Maximus - bk.jpg

It's like hearing it for the first time all over again!

Love/Forever Changes - 50th Anniversary Box DVD Audio This is my desert island disc. My #1 choice for the Dolby Atmos treatment but until then listening to it through the SM3 is a wonderful experience!!! Goin' out on a limb here, Clement has probably posted this before but it's such a great album it deserves another post!
Love:Forever Changes 50th.jpg

It's like hearing it for the first time all over again.

Love And Money/Strange Kind Of Love - Produced by Gary Katz, IMHO James Grant & Love And Money is under appreciated artist! My brother saw them live at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, CA, he was so impressed he called and told me to buy the cd and if I didn't like it he'd pay for it, how could I refuse. I did just that and when I popped it on I too fell in love with this band. Rarely do I buy a cd that I like every cut right off the bat but I did with this. I popped on the remastered version to see how the SM3 liked it and I must say it liked it a lot and sounded AMAZING!!! I'm a subscriber to the saying "it sounds great if you like that sort of thing, not so great if you don't" that when I hear this I don't understand how anybody couldn't like this.

Love & Money:Strange Kind Of Love.jpg

It's like hearing for the first time all over again.

Before my next post I'd like to give a shout out to Chucky & Dave for creating the Surround Master, to Dave for being so patient and answering all my questions and everybody that posts on this thread which helped me pull the trigger and purchase the SM3. It was some of my best spent money ever!!! I've had my SM3 for a year or so and have listened to a wide variety of music and everything sounds amazing, some more than others but always amazing. If I'm listening to anything in stereo it gets the Surround Master treatment, after all I've already heard everything in stereo. Thanx

Larry Carlton/Sleepwalk - My favorite cd of his. Great guitarist who has played on a countless number of artists cds. This Japanese SHM remaster sounds amazing with the SM3 treatment the imaging is terrific!!!

Larry Carlton:Sleepwalk.jpg

Larry Carlton:Sleepwalk - bk.jpg

Lee Ritenour/Rit - This is the first in the Rit Trilogy, Rit / Rit 2 / Banded Together, all great cds. There's a killer version of Sly Stone's (You Caught Me) Smilin' with Bill Champlin on vocals. As you might guess the SM3 makes this sound amazing!!!

Lee Ritenour:Rit.jpg

Iron Butterfly/Metamorphosis - Last album with Doug Ingle and the best lineup IMHO. Without Doug Ingle there's no Iron Butterfly. I like every song on here and they all sounded amazing! Butterfly Blue is a favorite and it sounds fantastic through the SM3.

Iron Butterfly:Metamorphis.jpg
Iron Butterfly:Metamorphis - bk.jpg

It's like hearing for the first time all over again!!!

Anthony Phillips/Invisible Men - One of the Ant remasters but unfortunately not in surround, no worries it sounds amazing with the SM3.

Anthony Phillips:Invisible Men.jpg

Anthony Phillips:Invisible Men - bk.jpg

It's like hearing it for the first time all over again!!!

Hey somebody needs to try The Cowboy Junkies, Trinity Sessions. It was recorded with a Calrec ambisonic mic with 4 capsules, folded into stereo.

So it might decode via the SM.

My SM setup is dismantled atm so I can't

Back