Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're ALL, IMO, worthwhile candidates. As I haven't fired up my TEAC QUAD Open Reel w/outboard dolby b decoder (TOO many wires...8 in all) in eons, if memory serves me they were all great sounding discs. Also came across my Doobie Bros. Stampede on dolby b Quad Open Reel as well as Hayward/Lodge Blue Jays. Maybe I should just fire up that sucker.....after all these years. Even have some Tomita Quad dolby b ORs............

YES.. YES.. FIRE UP THAT SUCKER...!!!!! :yikes

PTFM1.png

Worst of The Jefferson Airplane, Volunteers*, Spitfire, Red Octopus and Dragonfly are all available in QUAD (I have them ALL on dolby b Quad Open Reel). I'm not sure, but I think AF indicated that the Worst of's QUAD masters are unusable. I've also been petitioning AF for that title, as well.

They would definitely be BEST SELLERS for AF.

[*NOT dolby b encoded]
Aaaand... You can already pre-order Jefferson Airplane Volunteers... On stereo SACD from Mobile Fidelity :mad:

A real bummer, I love this album.

Aaaand... You can already pre-order Jefferson Airplane Volunteers... On stereo SACD from Mobile Fidelity :mad:

I know, Francois, but that might be the only alternative. I'm certain, at least, that MoFi will do their usual spectacular job with the original analogue RCA masters....perhaps our only consolation.

Are you proposing a Box Set of All Guess who Quads, Fizzy?
(or are you just pleased to see us? :eek: )

Ok, sure why not.Some of their early material would be sweet on quad sacd.

And #10 , Best of vol 2 are must owns for quadro inclined people,( you really should hear those two in CD-4 btw-nice quad great pressings)

ok ok a Guess Who Box set, in quad, on SACD. Who wouldn't be pleased to see that.,!?

Dammit.. would it be too harsh to accuse them of more Quadblocking..!? :violin

These albums with Quad mixes have been reissued on SACD in Stereo only by Mobile Fidelity..

Allman Brothers - Eat A Peach
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Billy Joel - Turnstiles
Bob Dylan - Desire
Bob Dylan - Planet Waves
Carly Simon - S/T
Carly Simon - No Secrets
Carole King - Music
Doobie Brothers - Captain And Me
Doobie Brothers - Stampede
Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street
Doobie Brothers - What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits
Earth Wind & Fire - That's The Way Of The World
Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Santana - Caravanserai
Santana - First album
Santana - III
Santana - Love Devotion Surrender

..and a couple of others released on LP from MFSL in the last year or so, which to my mind means Stereo only SACDs are a foregone conclusion, so you can pretty much forget the Quads of them in MultiCh anytime soon..

Big Brother & The Holding Company - Cheap Thrills
Spinners - S/T

Give it some time, One or Two years at best for some, like the one's out for too long.

Mo-Fi can't have the rights to all of em, forever. Then A.F. can pounce on em for us starving masses of crazy quadraphiles.

Give it some time, One or Two years at best for some, like the one's out for too long.

Mo-Fi can't have the rights to all of em, forever. Then A.F. can pounce on em for us starving masses of crazy quadraphiles.

Well I wish I shared your optimism, Fizzy.. but I would dearly love your sentiment to be true! :banana:

Meantime, I worked out I have all but 3 of those Quads that MFSL have "Quadblocked" (whether intentionally or not that's the upshot at this point in time) in some shape or form, so in essence I guess I'm good for them.. but none of the copies I hold are fresh from the 4-channel mastertapes, so they're all really only facsimiles of the real thing.. and AF would have course furnished us with Quads in 4-channel Master quality.. *sigh*.. time for a consolatory (consoling?) pint methinks... Cheers! :beer2

Ok, here's one...... Are you guys ready?

Barry Manilow surround SACD from Audio Fidelity

There, I said it, I like Barry Manilow songs :):):)

One of my favorites?

Looks like we made it from his 1976 album, This One's for You. 40 years ago!!!!!!!! My god!!! I'm getting old :)

:cool:

Regards,

I'm in for this. The cd-4 tracks horribly, no Q8 and this has 3 hits on it I think.

These albums with Quad mixes have been reissued on SACD in Stereo only by Mobile Fidelity..

Billy Joel - Piano Man
Billy Joel - Turnstiles
Bob Dylan - Desire
Bob Dylan - Planet Waves
Carly Simon - S/T
Carly Simon - No Secrets
Carole King - Music
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Santana - Caravanserai
Santana - First album
Santana - III

..and a couple of others released on LP from MFSL in the last year or so, which to my mind means Stereo only SACDs are a foregone conclusion, so you can pretty much forget the Quads of them in MultiCh anytime soon..

Spinners - S/T

If Brad Miller were alive today..................................

Oh yes do it! Always loved Stampede and Blue Jays :) never heard the Quad :(
They're ALL, IMO, worthwhile candidates. As I haven't fired up my TEAC QUAD Open Reel w/outboard dolby b decoder (TOO many wires...8 in all) in eons, if memory serves me they were all great sounding discs. Also came across my Doobie Bros. Stampede on dolby b Quad Open Reel as well as Hayward/Lodge Blue Jays. Maybe I should just fire up that sucker.....after all these years. Even have some Tomita Quad dolby b ORs............

Billy Joel - Piano Man
Billy Joel - Turnstiles
Bob Dylan - Desire
Bob Dylan - Planet Waves
Carly Simon - S/T
Carly Simon - No Secrets
Carole King - Music
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Santana - Caravanserai
Santana - First album
Santana - III

Spinners - S/T

Adam, I think IT'S TIME to order a HIT on the powers that be at MoFi.......but then, again, the infamous Kray Brothers, Reggie and Ronald, are sadly deceased! :ugham:

http://londonliving.at/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/baileylook-p040.jpg

Adam, I think IT'S TIME to order a HIT on the powers that be at MoFi.......but then, again, the infamous Kray Brothers, Reggie and Ronald, are sadly deceased! :ugham:

http://londonliving.at/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/baileylook-p040.jpg

Hate aggression in any form (unless its an aggressive Quad or 5.1 mix of course ;) ) but it is very tempting to send a virtual exorcet missile their way and stop them before they Quadblock everything that's sacred to us.. for a time it looked like AF had MFSL in their sights and was heading them off with so many great Quad reissues one after the other.. but now.. who will be our white knight on a surround steed..!?

Wonder if every copy of the CD-4 is so blighted, or if there might just be a hot stamper out there that tracks like a good'un..?
("hope springs eternal..!" as QQ Ryan would say! :D )

The AQ-4090 is a legendary CD-4 LP. The engineers at Arista knew it would be the last so they pushed it to the very max of the spec. If you have one, you'll notice that the run out groove area is huge compared to a regular LP. They put the grooves with the music very close together cramming as much data as they could into the vinyl. I may have some of this wrong, but Nick Perugini knows more about it that I remember. It's considered a true test of a CD-4 demodulator. If yours can play this LP without issue, it's set up perfectly and it's a good demodulator. Cheap units will not cut it.

Back