Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

Ranasakawa

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Brilliant surround mix woeful album. The previous album Songs From The Big Chair is a considerably better album.

Strilo

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Although Tears For Fears remains one of my favorite bands, Seeds Of Love was never my favorite release from them and is the one I returned to least often. Having said that, the new 5.1 mix definitely enhances the listening experience far beyond the original stereo and has increased my appreciation of the album. Despite the lengthy and arduous recording process, when I listened to the 5.1 mix at high volume the first time, what came across most was the sheer joy everyone seemed to have in creating the music. While I don't feel that it's the best Steven Wilson surround mix I've heard, I do think it is a highly effective and successful one.
Very much so. You could have been describing my experience with this album, from release in 1988 to now.

Plan9

600 Club - QQ All-Star
This thread is getting a bit long so sorry if somebody has already pointed this out. In regard to Steve Wilson's referenced post on page 1:

I believe the 'static sounds' he's referring to actually come from a Dolby set-up CD. They are a combination of Pink and White noise samples along with some other interesting wide spectrum and phased sounds to help installers and engineers set-up physical sound systems. Great forum, my first post.
Hey @Mackspower , I often help Steven on his remixes, do you have more info about this "Dolby set-up CD"?

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I voted 10. Actually a hard vote for me, in my mind I started at an 8, and then when I started to write my thoughts here and now I kept going back and forth between 9 & 10.
There where a couple negatives to this, one was the build up, waiting a few years, knowing this was ready for release made me think it was going to be the end all to all surround mixes, along with the fact I have listened to this CD from it's release in 1989.
My intilal listen in surround was "it doesn't sound right" the fidelity was good, maybe a tiny bit bright, but still real good. Then after about 5 surround listens I finally got it and imbraced it. The surround is super discrete in the 5.1. I actually like 5.1 better than 4.0 and nobody uses that center speaker better than Steven Wilson.
One thing I really like, and this is not the first disc to do it, but I like hearing when sounds of vocals and instruments play off each other diagonally, say right front to left rear as an example, this release has plenty of that.
The bass and LFE through the subs was just right.
I have read the book about Wilson's need to make adjustments for missing artifacts and now after a few listens I am not listening for the negative but the positive.
Highly enjoyable 2020 release in surround.
I listened to the 5.1 BD-A, 24/48, DR avg 13, 2 X actual disc, and 3 X the ripped disc played thru my JRiver software, USB out of my PC to ExaSound 38 DAC, all RCA out 6 cables (5.1) into the AVR. My average listening level was 50db.

surroundophile

Surroundophile
Since 2002/2003
Has this been canceled or recalled? I had this on PREORDER with Deep Discount, and they cancelled it. I started looking around and found one on Amazon at a cheaper price. I ordered it, and now that's been canceled and the money refunded. I've looked around at all the usual places and NOBODY has it. There are some ridiculously priced ones on eBay. I've never seen anything sell out like this on preorders! Am I doomed to never own this?

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Has this been canceled or recalled? I had this on PREORDER with Deep Discount, and they cancelled it. I started looking around and found one on Amazon at a cheaper price. I ordered it, and now that's been canceled and the money refunded. I've looked around at all the usual places and NOBODY has it. There are some ridiculously priced ones on eBay. I've never seen anything sell out like this on preorders! Am I doomed to never own this?
As the saying goes ‘SNOOZE YOU LOOSE”:)

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Bull Moose has it in stock. $71.97 with free shipping. Also no sales tax (unless you live in Maine or New Hampshire.)

fthesoundguy

As the saying goes ‘SNOOZE YOU LOOSE”:)
But nobody snoozed on this one. Countless people (including myself) had this preordered months in advance at various places and they never got any (or so very little) in stock. I was luckily able to get one by a third party on amazon once I realized that my original order was never going to happen. This has been a frustrating release to say the least.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
But nobody snoozed on this one. Countless people (including myself) had this preordered months in advance at various places and they never got any (or so very little) in stock. I was luckily able to get one by a third party on amazon once I realized that my original order was never going to happen. This has been a frustrating release to say the least.
Well if you place orders/pre-orders with major discount houses with no customer service....guess what?....most of the time unless you are a preferred customer with that company....you will most likely have some issue with them. No company names need to be mentioned :) 🤣

I always order from reliable companies with TOP NOTCH customer service....ever hear the term “CHEAP IS DEAR”:)

Last edited:

Marplot

900 Club - QQ All-Star
And just think, the recent re-release of The Hurting box set sans multichannel sold out even quicker. It seems that TFF has a very passionate fanbase.
I got mine from ImportCDs and suggested my sister order from there also. I have been afraid to ask if she got a copy yet or not ... she might want mine and I have a hard time saying no.

surroundophile

Surroundophile
Since 2002/2003
Ordered! Thanks!! I don't know why, but when I use their search engine, it only comes up with the two CDs and two LPs. Strange! How did you find it?
I found one other place....Acoustic Sounds has it on their page fot $80. BUT, they show it as pre-order, being released Dec 2020 [???]