• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Well, something we all thought would happen now appears to be official!

http://www.theaquarian.com/2015/05/20/the-sonic-sorcerer-an-interview-with-steven-wilson/

I know you’re very busy at the moment with touring and promoting Hand. Cannot. Erase., but are you involved in producing or remixing any other records right now?

Not really. To be honest, the next year is pretty much wall-to-wall touring for me—we’ve got shows booked up until next February. So it means I won’t be in the studio much, if at all. There are some projects I completed last year, some remixing of classic albums, that have yet to be released but will be coming out over the next 12 months or so.

Are you able to reveal what those albums are?

I can tell you the ones that have been officially announced. We started on the Roxy Music catalog—the first Roxy Music album is coming out in surround sound soon. It was very exciting to get to work with those guys. And I started on the Tears For Fears catalog as well last year. Songs From The Big Chair came out just before Christmas, and The Seeds Of Love will hopefully be coming out this year.
Well there we have it Ladies and Gents. This is AWESOME news indeed! Happy Friday!!! :cool: :banana:

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
You'd better love Steven and you'd better behave...

YESSSSSSSS
Sorry , this goes out to Snood!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
As much as I like the news of this release..it's bittersweet for me...if he wasn't on this tour he could be pumping out a lot of projects...and that's a full year...but hey...just lucky to have him work on these projects..that's for sure:)

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
As much as I like the news of this release..it's bittersweet for me...if he wasn't on this tour he could be pumping out a lot of projects...and that's a full year...but hey...just lucky to have him work on these projects..that's for sure:)
We are lucky that he fills his downtime from Touring and writing, with re-mixing, new music old music all 5.1 who cares just keep them comming

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm just happy were getting so many this year.Thankyou Steven.Should keep us all happy until Spring/Summer 2016.

WISH LISTS FOR 2016 will keep us all preoccupied.

-McFizz

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Great album... can't wait. If I had to choose between Steven creating and touring behind original music (like Hand Cannot Erase) or spending all his time remixing old albums, I'll take the new material hands down! But luckily, we don't have to choose!

Snood

Staff member
You'd better love Steven and you'd better behave...

YESSSSSSSS
Sorry , this goes out to Snood!!!

In High Pitched voice - Awwwwwwwwwwesome News and Awesssssome use of the banana

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Look at it this way. The happier he is, the more likely he'll continue doing these surround mixes of other peoples music. We KNOW he doesn't do it for the money, as he's stated he hardly makes a thing, he does it for the love of the music. So, if recording and touring make him happy, and he continues writing new quality stuff like H.C.E., then he'll remain happy and willing to do more remixes of classic stuff when he has time.

A Happy Steven is good for surround music fans. Remember that!

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I wish I could like this post 1,000,000 times! Seeds of Love is in my top ten favorite albums of all time. Having it remixed by Mr. Wilson will be a dream come true.

Steven's the man we love the most!!!!

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

Shnicks

QQ Supporter
Outstanding news! An fantastic album sure to be taken to whole new level by SW's hand.

So looking forward to his own show tomorrow night at The Wiltern in Hollywood.

Nice!

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Look at it this way. The happier he is, the more likely he'll continue doing these surround mixes of other peoples music. We KNOW he doesn't do it for the money, as he's stated he hardly makes a thing, he does it for the love of the music. So, if recording and touring make him happy, and he continues writing new quality stuff like H.C.E., then he'll remain happy and willing to do more remixes of classic stuff when he has time.

A Happy Steven is good for surround music fans. Remember that!
Not only that, but he's not able to control when these remixes are released. So besides ones we know we are getting this year, who knows what other albums have been remixed that we don't even know about yet.

We know "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" from King Crimson, "Fragile" and "Tales from Topographic Oceans" from Yes, "Oranges & Lemons" from XTC, "Roxy Music", and the 2 Steve Hackett albums (plus "Seeds of Love") have all been remixed and are awaiting a release. I'm betting one of the King Crimson and one of the Yes albums will be a 2016 release, but besides that, I bet there are more Roxy Music albums already remixed that are awaiting a release (hopefully at least the other four of the first five albums). :)

Snood

Staff member
One thing Snood likey that he says is we "started" on the Roxy Music catalog - which leads to belief that many more Roxy Music albums might get the SW treatment they deserve :banana:

privateuniverse

One thing Snood likey that he says is we "started" on the Roxy Music catalog - which leads to belief that many more Roxy Music albums might get the SW treatment they deserve :banana:
Indeed! And it also occurs to me that Steven referred to the Tears For Fears catalog. Perhaps The Hurting, Elemental and the others are on the agenda? Hope springs eternal!

:sun

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Pretty good deal for you young kids. Us older folks will all die off before this stuff ever comes out.

Snood

Staff member
Pretty good deal for you young kids. Us older folks will all die off before this stuff ever comes out.
Yes but they will entomb those releases with us, so that we may take them with us into the afterlife. Fear not Cupboy :snoodhug:

IMachine

QQ Supporter
Seeds Of Love is a perfect album for surround.
This can be a killer mix.
I hope they will have a good quality control. :)

And I really was overwhelmed to be at his concert.
I liked it so much that I buyed two tickets for a repeat at
the beginning of the next year.

So everything is fantastic.
Mixes by Steven and concerts.

What a great time :)

Lute

Fantastic news... That's for sure!

Good to be alive... in surround sound!

Thank you, STEVEN!

:51banana:

Group builder