Technics SA-8500X - What's It Worth?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadMusic

Hello Gents,

I'm going to be selling an SA-8500X in very good condition soon in the UK so shipping costs will really mean a US buyer is unlikely.

I have a QRX-9001 and people who have compared them - albeit only in stereo - favour the sound of the Technics. Obviously this means my QRX-9001 might need work but that's not an option at the moment.

The SA-8500X is scarce in Europe as is almost all quad equipment Does anyone have an opinion about sound quality and/or value, please?

Regards,

Peter

Gents? I think you'll find some learned ladies here too... but you are probably safe to assume 98% of us here are blokes!

Anyway, I have the 8000x and it is a sweet sounding unit, even if the power is down a bit cf to the 8500X and my JVC VN990. The FM is superb. I have both a Tate 101a and Audionics Space and Image Composer hooked up to the tape 1 & 2 respectively. Now if I had the 8500x I could connect one of my Lafayette SQ-W's on its tape 3!!

Anyway, based on your epay listing, its not just the postage that makes this unlikely...good luck all the same.

Back