Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just woke up now...and it's sold out again :(
This should alert Paul to the fact that he has really miscalculated this one.
Hopefully, I'll be lucky in round three !
I didn’t think he had a choice on the number produced. I assumed the number was set by the person who owns the rights to the album.

1. They want the product to have a reputation of selling out, and fast.

2. They do not want to have to sit on product waiting for months to move it.

3. I believe they feel that the calculated the numbers just about right.

4. They know (after a sellout) discogs and eBay are going to be the next source of a SDE released product. They know that there is nothing that they can do about it.

I got in on the second chance and I am so glad I did. I am sure this will become one of my most prized quad disc. I have the quad vinyl from the 70’s which sounds great on my 2 channel system but this will be a treat to listen to in full 4 channel glory on my OPPO-205.

The promo stressed that this was a limited run of 1,000. I wonder if they over produced or demand was lacking?
I think it was more of a licensing issue than a supply/demand issue - for whatever reason(s). If I had to guess, I’d say it was something along the lines of being the max allowable without messing up with streaming agreements/revenues. So either 1,000 or nothing.

See my post above. I don’t think he miscalculated at all. I think he knew precisely that 1,000 units was not enough to meet demand, but his hands were tied.

When I initially messed up my order I had asked SDE if there was another option. She informed me that there are usually cancellations. On Friday I received an email to let me know there would be a waiting list sign up on the website and she had already signed me up. How's that for Customer Service!!

I received this reply ..... I think I'm going to need a bigger wallet !
A0AA6086-8DBC-406D-8E32-A3211AAB9B3E.png

Last edited:
See my post above. I don’t think he miscalculated at all. I think he knew precisely that 1,000 units was not enough to meet demand, but his hands were tied.
Paul is mostly tight up by the record labels, they decide what is on the disc, means mostly also extra/no extras or what kind of audio streams are include on the disc and also the numbers of sales. The only big exception was Orbital in this case. not by numbers of sales, but the demand on the disc

Paul is mostly tight up by the record labels, they decide what is on the disc, means mostly also extra/no extras or what kind of audio streams are include on the disc and also the numbers of sales. The only big exception was Orbital in this case. not by numbers of sales, but the demand on the disc
Of course.

Its a shame Paul is governed by the deal he can get.

Some are good with a pre order window setting quantity manufactured (The Dylan Disc for instance) others like this are purely quantity driven, probably a bean counter at the record label driving the quantity.

I am sure that its all risk based with no excess left over, and not Pauls fault they are limited.

I'm thankful he has the forsite and the contacts to carry on with this series.

Last edited:
Back