The DVD-A Workshop forum

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

elguapo511

Does it author to DVD-A, It looks to me like a ripper and converter, I see no mention of creating vob files, or anything going to DVD, only coming from DVD?

Re: dvdae
Great question. I am still searching for a Mac program that simply burns my four files to .iso

proufo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Given the difficulty in getting/replacing DVD-A players, isn't it more sensible to author AVCHD disks?

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Given the difficulty in getting/replacing DVD-A players, isn't it more sensible to author AVCHD disks?
DVD-A players are not hard to find used imo. And Oppos, do they play AVCHD? I thought that they do not. But I am not sure.

If I am going through the trouble to author the content, I want a read DVD to have.

proufo

Since 2002/2003
DVD-A players are not hard to find used imo. And Oppos, do they play AVCHD? I thought that they do not. But I am not sure.

If I am going through the trouble to author the content, I want a read DVD to have.
Most if not all Blu-ray players play AVCHD disks.

I'd guess they are easier to find than any other type of player.

Last edited:

proufo

Since 2002/2003
I believe you can do regular Blu-ray disk as easily as AVCHD disks with AudioMuxer, if that is more palatable.

I think the AVCHD format is for these non-standard applications, but it might make no difference.