HiRez Poll The Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - THE TRAVELER [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - THE TRAVELER

• Total voters
Huh. I need to listen again to give it a score, but this might be the most active Atmos mix I've heard (in terms of isolation in height speakers). As noted above, guitar pans and horns end up in the height channels. I had to turn this up about 10dbs from my normal listening level for this to sound right. Solid bass at that volume. The main vocals stay focused in the front while backing vocals are all over the place. Something about the way the main vocals fit into the rest of the immersive mix seemed a bit off to me. I also wonder a bit about the fidelity of the original recording. Some interesting tunes including covers of Mr. Soul and Turn to Stone. I can't say that I'm wowed by the music overall (personal taste issue here), but I am intrigued by the mix.

I definitely need to give another listen before I rate it. I didn't like some of the mixing, and I didn't hear the fidelity I expected. All this could be due to me not sleeping much and it's late in the day. No doubt in my mind that I love the songs themselves. All in all my quibbling wouldn't subtract all that much if were to rate it right now but I'll wait and maybe in the morning I'll have time for another listen to the Atmos mix.
I did think the rears were a little light with all that sound coming from the fronts/front high but I made no adjustments.

I forgot to rate this at the time. The mix is fine, the music dull. 8-mix and 4-music gets this one a 6. It was really cheap, but I wouldn't buy it over again.

Back