The Music of Japan.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun fact I found out today...Japan actually released some singles on SACD...
My question is this: how could they have ever made it cost-effective???
On a side note, I wonder if 8cm SACDs are possible...

Summer’s here🌞🌺 Surf’s up🌊🏄‍♀️💦🤣

Takeshi Terauchi And Bunnys - Seichô Terauchi Bushi​

Takeshi Terauchi & Blue Jeans - Tsugaru Jongara​

Takeshi Terauchi & The Blue Jeans - Rashomon​

Thank you Lute. Listening to other stuff right now. But will give full attention tomorrow. Gotta love anyone named Takeshi!

Summer’s here🌞🌺 Surf’s up🌊🏄‍♀️💦🤣

Takeshi Terauchi And Bunnys - Seichô Terauchi Bushi​

Takeshi Terauchi & Blue Jeans - Tsugaru Jongara​

Takeshi Terauchi & The Blue Jeans - Rashomon​

Some wild music, Brett, with astounding separation. No wonder you won't leave the Land of the Rising Sun!
Very doubtful you could 'surf' in your home state of Indiana!

On a MUCH MORE contemplative scale, this exquisite 5 RBCD set honoring the film music of Ryuichi Sakamoto

Sakamoto: For Mr Lawrence Piano Music [Samples available]

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiODY1ODA5My4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6OTAwfSwianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo2NX0sInRvRm9ybWF0IjoianBlZyJ9LCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE1NjgyOTcxNTB9

New Cornelius album out today:

No Atmos (yet) it seems, but judging from his history the last 2 decades, I'd be surprised if it DOESN'T see a surround release in the near future. Although I would really love if they went back a bit and did Fantasma in surround, thats such a phenomenal album. It's such a shame that he only started doing surround releases starting with his next album Point, still some of the craziest surround mixing out there.

New Cornelius album out today:

No Atmos (yet) it seems, but judging from his history the last 2 decades, I'd be surprised if it DOESN'T see a surround release in the near future. Although I would really love if they went back a bit and did Fantasma in surround, thats such a phenomenal album. It's such a shame that he only started doing surround releases starting with his next album Point, still some of the craziest surround mixing out there.
If it doesn't hit disc, it may hit digital 5.1 FLAC like Cornelius' 攻殻機動隊 新劇場版 O.S.T. from 2015...albeit that would only be available if you have a Japanese credit card.

The dilemma with purchasing Japanese Music on DVD-A/SACD is the lack of reference...you just don't have an assurance whether the mix will be good or not, especially given the price you're paying...
There are a couple I've been eyeing that just have zero documentation on the quality of the contents...which prevents me from biting the bullet.

Ok, you Japan-o-philes.

Y'all make me want to head to the Ginza.

Check earworm thread for a track by Ben Sidran (WHO??).

American artist who has been to Japan and wrote a loving song about his understanding of Japan and its' people. One verse is sung in Japanese. MITSUBISHI BOY!! Already posted on QQ in another thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/whats-your-latest-earworm.23221/page-38#post-711336
BTW: Japan-o-philes born in US and from the Midwest will appreciate this factoid: Sidran is from the Midwest, as am I. Any of you transplanted MIdwesterners who have visited Japan or live(d) there will dig this.

Guest star from Midwest lived in Texas. He wasn't born in Texas. Milwaukee/Waukesha. They were in a band together at UW. Bucky would show up once in a while, too!

PS: You may recognize his guest sideman. Buddies until Sidran's death. They were both in a band called the Ardells at my Alma Mater, UW. Boz Scaggs was also an Ardell. Go BUCKY!!

Back