Oppo 205 help

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the only function I wish I had that I don’t is the ability to play DSD over Ethernet, and gapless playback over Ethernet. Doubt if that’ll happen with Oppo, maybe my next pre-pro. 🤞

I guess the only function I wish I had that I don’t is the ability to play DSD over Ethernet, and gapless playback over Ethernet. Doubt if that’ll happen with Oppo, maybe my next pre-pro. 🤞
I'm able to play dsd files stored on my NAS over ethernet using my UDP-203 (same too with the BDP-103).

I back-up my SACD's (using my BDP-103) as a continuous .dff file along with a .cue sheet file. And access and play them via smb networking protocol.

Last edited:
Curious as to what else, beyond making your unit region-free, you may have wanted. Hell, I might want it, too.

FWIW, my oppo is a 105D.
Owen pretty much nailed it. The ability to play an .iso file off your network as if it were an actual disc. Also SACD-R capability, but not with a disc but as .iso playback. Sort of cool to be able to see DVDA menus from file playback. I bought the firmware at oppo-jb.com. For my 103 as I said I had to flash through the firmware flash port. It can always be reflashed using the normal method to return to stock firmware.
I had to buy a USB > TTL adapter and hook the wires up to posts on the flash port. TTL adapter was about 8$.
The 103-105 both I believe the firmware is tied to the Mac address so they set the firmware for your unit's Mac address.

Back