How decode Quadro mixes from the 70th correct ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please help. I have bought some original quadro mixes from the the label dutton vocalion for example here on the forum --- or that
But how to decode them ? Refer to my knowledge, the quadro channel layout is one front,one on back and two sides speaker/channels.
I have a typical modern 3d-immersive audio layout(AURO ..).
So my decoder - The Trinnov Altitude 32- have to know the order of the four channels and also the physical layout of the quadro format.
So how is that done, does anybody have the same hardware or how is that done in practice ?

I can route the the channel(order) on my trinnov, but first i have to know that order.
The next step will the that the Trinnov have to know/learn the quadro layout to made the correct processing.
Please help here with any info or even experiences.
Thanks
Robert

Please help. I have bought some original quadro mixes from the the label dutton vocalion for example here on the forum --- or that
But how to decode them ? Refer to my knowledge, the quadro channel layout is one front,one on back and two sides speaker/channels.
I have a typical modern 3d-immersive audio layout(AURO ..).
So my decoder - The Trinnov Altitude 32- have to know the order of the four channels and also the physical layout of the quadro format.
So how is that done, does anybody have the same hardware or how is that done in practice ?

I can route the the channel(order) on my trinnov, but first i have to know that order.
The next step will the that the Trinnov have to know/learn the quadro layout to made the correct processing.
Please help here with any info or even experiences.
Thanks
Robert
What gear (SACD/Universal); player are you using Robert?

typically on an analog Quad system it's Left Front = 1; Right Front =2; Rear Left =3; Rear Right =4.

Don't know much about the Trinnov gear (nice!), but you shouldn't need to decode anything for these SACDs, on modern gear with analogs in it may be Left Front = 1; Right Front =2; Center (not utilized) =3; LFE (Not utilized) =4; Rear Left =5; Rear Right =6
(Using HDMI-use set-up screens)

Hope that's what you're looking for; and if someone sees I've hosed this up, please correct me?

What gear (SACD/Universal); player are you using Robert?

typically on an analog Quad system it's Left Front = 1; Right Front =2; Rear Left =3; Rear Right =4.

Don't know much about the Trinnov gear (nice!), but you shouldn't need to decode anything for these SACDs, on modern gear with analogs in it may be Left Front = 1; Right Front =2; Center (not utilized) =3; LFE (Not utilized) =4; Rear Left =5; Rear Right =6
(Using HDMI-use set-up screens)

Hope that's what you're looking for; and if someone sees I've hosed this up, please correct me?
Hello J.Pupster,

thanks for the infos.
I dont have a SACD player at all yet. I guess a OPPO 205 would be the best for all disc formats, but dont know if he can play Multichannel SACD.
And its hard to find one except for crazy prices. Anyway my target is to stream that from my locally network(ROON).
If the channel order is correct(thanks !) i can route that with the Trinnov Altitude. I say decoding, but the more correct expression would be processing, means to assign the input channel to the speaker position. So then that should work when the layout is a pure 4.0 system.
If i want more, then i can try a upmix and hear how it will perform. Iam current upmix to AURO with my stereo sources from ROON/TIDAL/QOBUZ and its sounds very good on my AL32, so i am curious how it will sound with the CD4 format.
Open question is, how to RIP the Multichannel SACD and correct to ?
Robert
Here i found a very good technical article about CD4 decoding and more..very interesting !!

Hello J.Pupster,

thanks for the infos.
I dont have a SACD player at all yet. I guess a OPPO 205 would be the best for all disc formats, but dont know if he can play Multichannel SACD.
And its hard to find one except for crazy prices. Anyway my target is to stream that from my locally network(ROON).
If the channel order is correct(thanks !) i can route that with the Trinnov Altitude. I say decoding, but the more correct expression would be processing, means to assign the input channel to the speaker position. So then that should work when the layout is a pure 4.0 system.
If i want more, then i can try a upmix and hear how it will perform. Iam current upmix to AURO with my stereo sources from ROON/TIDAL/QOBUZ and its sounds very good on my AL32, so i am curious how it will sound with the CD4 format.
Open question is, how to RIP the Multichannel SACD and correct to ?
Robert
Here i found a very good technical article about CD4 decoding and more..very interesting !!
Another option is an oppo 103 which may be good enough (slightly better sonics from the more expensive 203's & 205's I've heard.)

But if you're only going to stream (and no I don't know anything about ROON, sorry) then you're going to want to study up hard on this thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/sony-blu-ray-players-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/

Another option is an oppo 103 which may be good enough (slightly better sonics from the more expensive 203's & 205's I've heard.)

But if you're only going to stream (and no I don't know anything about ROON, sorry) then you're going to want to study up hard on this thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/sony-blu-ray-players-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/
Thank you J. for all your help. I will try out and will came back - take some time. Robert

Back