The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of our local craft breweries were actually open today! As I had some free time I thought I'd stop by one to get a 4-pack and fill a couple squealers in the interest of supporting the owner that spent his Christmas afternoon working. So it's Gravity Bound "Where Lightning Strikes" pilsner, a nice light (4.9%) beer that's smooth but not bland.
Gravity-Bound-Where-Lightning-Strikes-Pilsner.jpg

Next up, it's Bow & Arrow "Luminaria" Vienna lager. Another light abv at 5% but a little more malty. Still smooth and inviting.
Bow-Arrow-Luminaria-Lager.jpg

My daughter and SIL provided me with mucho IPAs, DIPAs and TIPAs this Christmas.................im sure you will see the 'fruits' of their gifting during the next few months. ;)

And...time for some hazy IPAs. Gravity Bound wins this round hands down. I really like both these breweries, never a bad brew from either yet, but GB has the nod this go round

Gravity Bound "Shallow Steps"
GB-Shallow-Steps-NEIPA.jpg

Bow & Arrow "Mistletoe on the Mesa"
Bow-Arrow-Mistletoe-NEIPA.jpg

Looks amazing...
Gravity Bound is one of my faves...small micro....he's a great brewer and super-friendly guy.

After a couple 10+ hour work days, getting out after 7 hours felt pretty good. Chilling with a couple lighter ones for now....
Gravity Bound "Where Lightning Strikes" pilsner
[IMG]

and now Bow & Arrow "Luminaria" vienna lager
[IMG]

Saturday night. A nice one. Collective Arts Brewing in collaboration with Finback Brewing. IPA No. 19. 10.5 ABV, 80 IBU. Triple IPA w. Nelson Sauvin, Citra & Azacca Hops. Made in Canada der, eh

collectivearts.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday night. A nice one. Collective Arts Brewing in collaboration with Finback Brewing. IPA No. 19. 10.5 ABV, 80 IBU. Triple IPA w. Nelson Sauvin, Citra & Azacca Hops. Made in Canada der, eh
I feel like that can is judging me and I have let it down ...

Ohh Expedition is tasty enough, barrel age it a bit and I be lt the balance and flavor has it going on. I will look for it.
Then again, I did just join the 2022 Bruery Reserve Club so I am probably good on beer spending in Jan.

Another workweek done, and I got enough done that I won't feel like I'm letting things slide by not going in tomorrow....so....home in time for beer o'clock!

Straight into the IPA's today....

La Cumbre "Vivid Wild"
LCBC-Vivid-Wild-NEIPA.jpg

Another workweek done, and I got enough done that I won't feel like I'm letting things slide by not going in tomorrow....so....home in time for beer o'clock!

Straight into the IPA's today....

La Cumbre "Vivid Wild"
LCBC-Vivid-Wild-NEIPA.jpg

Doppels, you deserve a Saturday away. Enjoy tonite - and tomorrow's - beer !!!

well well well......a long lost fiend ...er friend. Dark Horse Brewing. They were real big a few years ago but fiscal incompetence caused issues and they were sold.
One of their best - and a personal fave - is back. Double Crooked Tree. 12 percent butt kicker - great flavor with a big malt whoopin and an 84 IBU. 9 on 10 scale for me. Tasteee !

darkhorsedblcrooked.jpg

I didn't know Dark Horse was sold, too bad. Their little hippy commune was a fun place to visit and they have a number of great beers, Too Cream Stout, Scotty Karate, Toonilla, One Oatmeal Stout .. why yes, I dig them.

Back