The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice day off today...hung out this morning with the granddaughter before taking her to visit her parents, got my power-walk exercise done and a little shopping too...including stop(s) for beer.

First off is a Prairie Artisan "Lemon Slice" sour ale. Very lemony and tart.
Prairie-Artisan-Lemon-Slice-Sour.jpg

And a couple I didn't post from last night:

Bow & Arrow "So Far So Bueno hazy IPA
Bow-Arrow-So-Far-So-Bueno-IPA.jpg

Destihl "A Touch of Haze" IPA
Destihl-Touch-Haze-NEIPA.jpg

La Cumbre "Sun Fade" v2022 hazy IPA. Always a spring fave of mine...super juice bomb hazy
LCBC-Sun-Fade2022-NEIPA.jpg

Every year the local women brewers get together and collaborate on a brew with much of the proceeds going to charities. This year they did their brew - a pale ale - at Steel Bender Brewyard.

NM Pink Boots Society "Hop Heroine" pale ale.
NMPink-Boots-Hop-Heroine-Pale-Ale.jpg

After dinner TV time and music time...IPA time.

Ex Novo "Threat Level: Turquoise" IPA
Ex-Novo-Threat-Level-IPA.jpg

Ex Novo "Bedrock Push Pop" milkshake hazy IPA
Ex-Novo-Bedrock-Push-Pop-NEIPA.jpg

Flix Brewhouse "Vampire Juice" hazy IPA with blood orange...bloody good!
Flix-Vampire-Juice-NEIPA.jpg

A couple lighter pilsners today...

Oskar Blues "Mama's Little Yella" Pilsner. Not bad, middle of the pack stuff.
Oskar-Blues-mamas-Pils.jpg

Gravity Bound "On the Run" pilsner. Top stuff. Light and crisp yet packed with flavor....so well done.
Gravity-Bound-On-The-Run-Pilsner.jpg

And then a hazy IPA, La Cumbre "Sun Fade" v2022
LCBC-Sun-Fade2022-NEIPA.jpg

20220403_114511_HDR.jpg

Brew day. We had to use the 20gal Poncho as a mash tun since it was an English Barleywine, over 20# of malt, and is just a bit too big for a 10 gallon.
we drank an 8 year Founders KBS Vertical (2013-2019 and a 2021 variant). It drops off quite a bit after 5 years so drink them within 4 for the most flavor.

Last edited:
Brooklyn Brewery Monster Ale. A 10 year old American Barleywine.
I didn't like it fresh, waaay too bitter, and had my doubts it would last this long. It was a solid, malty barleywine with enough residual bitterness to not be sweet.
20220403_163649.jpg

20220403_171341.jpg

And finally Petrus Rood Bruin, a Belgian Sour Brown Ale. I would call it an entry level sour but it was a nice flavor with probably half the acid of a Jacobins.

After dinner TV time and music time...IPA time.

Ex Novo "Threat Level: Turquoise" IPA
Ex-Novo-Threat-Level-IPA.jpg

Ex Novo "Bedrock Push Pop" milkshake hazy IPA
Ex-Novo-Bedrock-Push-Pop-NEIPA.jpg

Flix Brewhouse "Vampire Juice" hazy IPA with blood orange...bloody good!
Flix-Vampire-Juice-NEIPA.jpg
All this in one day?? How are you not blitzed out of your mind? :LOL: Or at least not very hungover the next day...

All this in one day?? How are you not blitzed out of your mind? :LOL: Or at least not very hungover the next day...

Pacing. Water between glasses, and I suppose tolerance. Also, I may post 2 or 3 photos that I had over 4 or 5 hours as I was watching tv/movie or listing to music (hopefully in 5.1!). Yes, I do get a buzz but very rarely really totaled as I don't like that feeling at all...a good moderate beer-buzz on the weekend is good enough for me!

Home over an hour ago but busy doing this and that while sipping he Friday night brews....

Gravity Bound "On the Run" pilsner

Boxing Bear "Space Walk" IPA
Boxing-Bear-Space-Walk-IPA.jpg

I love beer. Good kick-yer-ass high ABV, high IBU beers. I only drink on the weekend. Limit is 2 on Friday and 3 on Saturday. Rarely but sometimes 1 on Sunday. Like Doppels said. water ( and fine cheese said I ) between beers and the beers are drank in about a 3 to 4 hours duration. Nice, manageable buzz with flavor enjoyments.

I love beer. Good kick-yer-ass high ABV, high IBU beers. I only drink on the weekend. Limit is 2 on Friday and 3 on Saturday. Rarely but sometimes 1 on Sunday. Like Doppels said. water ( and fine cheese said I ) between beers and the beers are drank in about a 3 to 4 hours duration. Nice, manageable buzz with flavor enjoyments.
Oh yeah, nice cheese goes very well! I'm not a soft brie person (though once in a while it's enjoyable, port salud is one I enjoy) but a good sharp hard cheese with a beer is a delicious nosh. I quite like the sharp cheddar/gruyere blend I get at Trader Joe's...Oni the cat loves it too and he's picky so there you go.

Pacing. Water between glasses, and I suppose tolerance. Also, I may post 2 or 3 photos that I had over 4 or 5 hours as I was watching tv/movie or listing to music (hopefully in 5.1!). Yes, I do get a buzz but very rarely really totaled as I don't like that feeling at all...a good moderate beer-buzz on the weekend is good enough for me!

Home over an hour ago but busy doing this and that while sipping he Friday night brews....

Gravity Bound "On the Run" pilsner

Boxing Bear "Space Walk" IPA
Boxing-Bear-Space-Walk-IPA.jpg
When I saw the can I instantly though of Wile E. Coyote especially as the beer company is called Gravity Bound!

Back