The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya gots to drive to Kalamazoo to get this one. A wonderful re-issue in 2.0 fashion that visits once every few years. 10.5 er. Excellent

hopgrandslam.jpg

Oh yeah, nice cheese goes very well! I'm not a soft brie person (though once in a while it's enjoyable, port salud is one I enjoy) but a good sharp hard cheese with a beer is a delicious nosh. I quite like the sharp cheddar/gruyere blend I get at Trader Joe's...Oni the cat loves it too and he's picky so there you go.

Couldn't agree more; good cheese with some nice crackers... feel a bit like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit. But those beers do look nice... Bought a nice IPA yesterday, came home and the can was punctured :cry:. Consoled myself with a Belgian Tripel instead.

New release from Bow & Arrow today, another in their "Amigo" series of sours, this time it's grapefruit and jalapeño. It's quite good. The grapefruit is mild and tangy, the jalapeño flavor is very present but no "burn" from it. Might need to get an extra 4-pack before it's gone.
[IMG]

Now, a palate cleanser before hoppier offerings - Rogue "Dreamland" lager. Simple, pretty average....not awful but would never make my regular rotation.
[IMG]

"care package" from my son-in-law...one of the brewing team at Boxing Bear...

"Space Walk" IPA. Super solid west-coast style IPA, the galaxy hops work really well in this style of beer.
BB-Space-Walk-IPA.jpg

"Bear Knuckle" IPA...NM IPA challenge champ, and for good reason, it's top notch!
BB-Bear-Knuckle-IPA.jpg

and this was actually from last night, "Bear Queno" IPA celebrating this town's 316th birthday
BB-Bear-Queno-IPA.jpg

another one that you can only get in Kalamazoo. Its a Double Kveik IPA. 8.0 ABV Interesting taste I must say. Starts off crisp, moves to malty then hop bitter...all in one swallow !! I dig it. Thanks Bells ( and now retired, Larry )

kveikipa.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner is being prepped...I'll relax with a beer or two and do the clean-up later...

Gravity Bound "On the Run" pilsner
[IMG]

Bow & Arrow "Sunface" white IPA
[IMG]

Sunday evening, relaxing with brew and shortly dinner...

Ponderosa Brewing "Italian Pilsner" - GABF gold medal winner last year.
Ponderosa-Italian-Pilsner.jpg

Steel Bender Brewyard "Flying High" IPA...VG west coast style, crisp and clean and a good piney finish
SBB-Flying-High-IPA.jpg

Ex Novo "Spoiler Alert: They Live" IPA. Top tier, excellent offering from a local fave.
Ex-Novo-Spoiler-Alert-IPA.jpg

Easy lighter ones so far -

Weihenstephaner original helles lager.
Weihenstephaner-Original-Helles-Lager.jpg

Canteen Brewhouse "Trail Angel" pale ale. Got a single to try and it's quite good....I see a 6-pack for the fridge in my near future.
Canteen-Trail-Angel-PA.jpg

Steel Bender Brewyard "Double key lime dynamite" kettle sour. Excellent pucker and tons of lime flavor....great sour!
SBB-Dbl-Key-Lime-Dynamite-Sour.jpg

Ex Novo "Eliot" IPA. A staple, always grab a pack when they get them in...the autumn fresh-hop version is exquisite.
Ex-Novo-Eliot-IPA.jpg

La Cumbre "Project Dank - Spring Edition v2022" - this series is always top tier...hophead heaven
LCBC-Project-Dank-Spring2022-IPA.jpg

a repeat from last weekend? a few new releases this week that I'l;l be grabbing tomorrow after work and/or Sunday...

End of the month always gets crazy at work....had a truckload of cars drop at 5pm as I was leaving today and there's loads of pressure to get them delivered to customers tomorrow - that means I'm going in for at least 4-5- hours tomorrow to get my part done.

In the meantime, it was warm here today (82f) so refreshing beer upon getting home.....Ponderosa Italian Pilsner
[IMG]

Steel Bender Brewyard "Flying High" IPA
[IMG]

Ex Novo "Spoiler Alert: They Live" west coast IPA
[IMG]

Worked 6+ hours today, got lots done before some grocery shopping and beer stops...

This years batch of Ex Novo "Hello, My Name is Indigo Montoya" lemon sour with indigo leaves
Ex-Novo-Indigo-Sour.jpg

Ex Novo "This Bock is Your Bock, This Bock is Maibock." Excellent maibock...hop/malt balance is spot on...this bock was made for you and me!
Ex-Novo-This-Maibock.jpg

Back