The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then off to Santorini. I had all three local Donkey beers (the Crazy Donkey was the best) but no pics of them.

There are a few microbreweries, the most famous / popular being Volkan -- there's an outlet there outside
of Fira, but we didn't make it. Bottles were available in restaurants on the island, and I preferred the pale
over the dark (too sweet). And yes, it was cold and windy that day! Plus, an Irish bar in Fira.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    785.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More from Santorini. When I first went to Greece in the early 80s, Fixx, a German beer, was king.
Later, in the aughts, Mythos appeared, the first major Greek craft beer that I recall drinking. Here's
one in a Mexican taco place. Its ok, but there are better beers, including the classic local, Blue Monkey!

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More from Santorini. When I first went to Greece in the early 80s, Fixx, a German beer, was king.
Later, in the aughts, Mythos appeared, the first major Greek craft beer that I recall drinking. Here's
one in a Mexican taco place. Its ok, but there are better beers, including the classic local, Blue Monkey!
Love it! Thanks for sharing your trip

Traveled to Scottsdale, AZ for business.
Stopped by Goldwater Brewing.
Had a very good Red Ale and Brown Ale + a good Pilsner (pictured here).

Next door was a a restaurant called
“Brat Haus” and they had some delicious, authentic style German and Polish sausage (sorry @Clement over on our grilling thread) that you bring over to the brewery. Great afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpeg
    IMG_0207.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More beer in Greece, this time in Icaria, a "blue zone" where people regularly live to 90. Top pick (only local pick?) is from a very small -- like, nano-sized! -- microbrewery called "Slow Down." They have a small pub upstairs, but it was closed (too early in the tourist season). Here's a pic of the brewery, with the owner peeping out: he's an expat-New Yorker who I guess wants to live to 90, at least. Must have a really small production, as only two places in the nearby town (Endilos) had the canned "Peacetime." Of course, there are only four restaurants in the local town, lol! "Slow Down" because supposedly no one on the island has a watch . . . hmm, you don't think the clockwork schedules we live in have anything to do with our dying early, do you? Let's have a Peacetime and think about it.

Attachments

• SlowDownBrewery.JPG
    SlowDownBrewery.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Other beers available (in bottles) on Icaria included this one. You would think a beer called
"Ikari o Tizza" would be produced locally, but I didn't see any breweries for it, but we
spent time mainly on the north part of the island (associated with Dionysus, and it is
the wine here that is really spectacular, but that's a different thread: all-night raves
in the summer with the best wine as the main attraction hint at Dionysian
remnants from the past, but we only made the first one of the season, at a monastery, which was hardly a bacchanal, sigh). We did learn that each festival selects the best wine of that season to present; cool!

Anyway, after the hoppy Peacetime, the Ikari o Tizza was a bit more full-bodied, which is ok if
you like that. I had another Peacetime, though!

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When we did venture to the southwest part of Icaria, to Manganista (we had fun
playing around with THAT name, lol), we found a remote little restaurant that
hurriedly put up a table for us, and had the great smell of spaghetti sauce
being made, but that was not on the menu, it was for the family, haha.
This was "Bergina" or perhaps, in English, Vergina, hinting at a northern
Greek origin. For a hot day walking around the picturesque harbor,
it hit the spot perfectly! Unfortunately, although the day was hot,
the water was not. Here's a pic of nearby "Seychelles Beach," which
must be packed in summer, even if the locals try to hide its existence!

Attachments

• IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Cheers to all the fathers out there.
Hell - Cheers to all Quad & immersive fans!

A great Pills of Bavarian origin.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I've fallen way behind with the beer posts, here's a few recents though:

La Cumbre "Harmonic Resonance" hazy DIPA. Great can, delicious beer.
LCBC-Harmonic-Resonance-NEDIPA.jpg

Ex Novo "Cardinal Sim" west coast IPA. Good stuff....dank and bitter as it ought to be.
Ex-Novo-Cardinal-Sim-IPA.jpg

La Cumbre "Mosaic Single Hop IPA." Delicious, really good. First in a new series of beers I presume.
LCBC-Mosaic-Single-Hop-IPA.jpg

Ex Novo "But It's A Dry Heat" mexican lager with salt & lime. Easy drinker....nice first beer after getting home from work on a hot high desert summer day
Ex-Novo-Dry-Heat-Lager.jpg

Gravity Bound "Rhymes with Orange" hazy IPA. Another solid offering from these guys
GB-Rhymes-With-Orange-NEIPA.jpg

Back