The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RPWL:

One of the finest German bands as many of us may know from their surround albums release a new album in March and are on tour in Europe and the UK in April. I shall definitely be going to at least one of their gigs. Tour details on their website RPWL - Tour

The UK venues demonstrate just how hard it is to get a decent break in the music industry. They have been making music for 25 years but still have a small fan base here. Everyone I have introduced them to has been blown away by how good they are. And yet these venues are tiny. One of them is a village hall in Oundle near Peterborough (East Midlands area) that does not seem to host many, if any other bands. The "What's On" page for the hall seems only to have mother & baby meetings, yoga sessions and local community events. I think I will go there to support the band (very nice guys who come for a chat after the gig) and to meet the other three members of the audience! :( Seriously I really hope there are a lot of people to fill the hall but how on earth is a small village hall going to properly market this fantastic band?? 🤔

Anyway, hoping their new album hits the spot as it is likely to be the main part of their set. Their last album "Tales From Outer Space" was a winner and the gig was excellent as they usually have some engaging video to compliment their performance.

Sorry for going on a bit but RPWL are absolutely one of my top 10 bands so I want to gently raise their profile whenever the chance arises.
I also think RPWL are really underated, never seen them though!

Saw Graham Gouldman this week playing a semi-acoustic set of some of the songs he has written over his long career before and after 10CC. I did know he wrote hits for The Hollies but did not know about the three songs for The Yardbirds (including For Your Love) and several other bands from the 60s. But his songwriting has continued both for other performers as well as some excellent songs for his own recent albums and, of course, Wax. Graham was joined by three band mates from the current 10CC line up. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and great to hear such well known songs sung by their composer. Highly recommended if Graham and his friends should pass your way.

Yesterday in Madrid…….Waters

C6A13B53-105D-486D-AAD0-42A11B6ED24C.jpeg

April already? Wow.
JAN-2-NOW included: Denny Laine, Death Cab For Cutie, Riverside (twice) They Might Be Giants, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Winery Dogs
MAY-OCT includes: Tom Jones, Ben Folds, Tears For Fears, King's X, Greg Howe, Doobie Brothers, Australian Pink Floyd Show, Steve Hackett, Pat Metheny
Peter Gabriel 3rd leg? C'mon please, no dates in the southeast!

Yeah she's the single biggest reason I love music as I do. Certainly the emotional bond and connection I have with many bands. And she also loves a TON of music she has "no business" liking as a 70+ year old. (No one in my family subscribes to that shit anyway... I love Billie Eilish and I am almost 50...)

Yeah she's the single biggest reason I love music as I do. Certainly the emotional bond and connection I have with many bands. And she also loves a TON of music she has "no business" liking as a 70+ year old. (No one in my family subscribes to that shit anyway... I love Billie Eilish and I am almost 50...)
You're lucky to have that connection with your mom. I had a similar connection with my dad, who passed away last January. My pappy took me to my first concert ever....Peter Frampton in 1976.

In other news, last night, I purchased 2 tickets to see Cheap Trick in Peoria, Illinois next Tuesday. In typical GOS fashion, I want great seats. So, opted for row number 6, center stage. I want to see freaking Nielson flipping his picks in my face. And...I will.

Actually, row 6...is row 1 directly behind the PIT seats. So, I will have 100% unobstructed view, with a railing to lean on. lol

My seats will be about 15-20 feet from the stage. I've been there..so I know.

Last edited:
July 11 - Tears For Fears Tipping Point Tour at FirstBank Amphitheatre in Franklin, TN (10 mins from my house!!)
Sept 25 - Peter Gabriel I/O Tour at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH
Oct 19 - Depeche Mode Memento Mori Tour at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN
Oct 29 - Steve Hackett Foxtrot at Fifty Tour at Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN

Hoping for a few others to add to this list!

:)

May 19 - They Might Be Giants - House of Blues - Dallas, TX (rescheduled from 2020!)
May 25 - The Flaming Lips - The Anthem - Washington, DC (with my daughter, her first FL concert)
June 6 - Weezer - The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory - Irving, TX
October 19 - Peter Gabriel - American Airlines Center - Dallas, TX

In other news, last night, I purchased 2 tickets to see Cheap Trick in Peoria, Illinois next Tuesday. In typical GOS fashion, I want great seats. So, opted for row number 6, center stage. I want to see freaking Nielson flipping his picks in my face. And...I will.

Actually, row 6...is row 1 directly behind the PIT seats. So, I will have 100% unobstructed view, with a railing to lean on. lol

My seats will be about 15-20 feet from the stage. I've been there..so I know.

I still have a pick from 1983 or 1984 , concert on the MIT campus. Freaking 40 years ago!

Back