The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pineapple Thief US tour dates just announced, for near the end of 2019 :) All of the northeast/ mid-Atlantic venues I looked up are general admission with tickets going on sale Thursday or Friday.

I am shocked that they are coming to a small venue here in Vancouver Dec.13,2019.
The venue is standing room mostly and about 500-600 max capacity.
Ticket purchased as would never have thought they would come this way.

peter

I am shocked that they are coming to a small venue here in Vancouver Dec.13,2019.
The venue is standing room mostly and about 500-600 max capacity.
Ticket purchased as would never have thought they would come this way.

peter
I'm going to see the Pineapple Thief next weekend in Bristol with my brother, I don't know the venue but its got a few stages from 150 to 1800 capacity according to the website. Hopefully will meet up with fellow QQer Svengaleekie.

I'm going to see the Pineapple Thief next weekend in Bristol with my brother, I don't know the venue but its got a few stages from 150 to 1800 capacity according to the website. Hopefully will meet up with fellow QQer Svengaleekie.

Nice, let us know your thoughts on the show if you can, enjoy :)

Saw Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets last night... WOW!!! Anyone seeing this is in for a treat! The musicianship is top notch, the sound quality and volume level was perfect, but most of all, all the early Pink Floyd songs (which I honestly don't listen to much) sound Sooooo much better live than on the recordings... see this tour if you can... Nick and band were having a ball, and so were we!

Great gig last night at the Fillmore (btw, a beautiful venue!!!).
First act , July Talk, was really good, has a great frontwoman, Leah Fay who was wearing a skeleton suit (a la, John Entwistle) and she moves incredibly -she's a dancer- and their best song was "The News" which is not on any of their albums.
The second act was a mexican group, Zöe, which sound like an 80's tribute band...not very inspired...
Metric was really awesome(pic), looks like the band hit the gym for weeks before the tour. The sound was not perfect but it wasn't too loud. The 4th song they played was their biggest one "Breathing underwater", which was how I got to know them (5 or 6 years ago while waiting for One Republic to hit the stage in Madrid, this song was playing on the PA...bless the internet!).

Just discovered that the Pineapple Thief gig I'm going to on Sunday has a pretty impressive support act :dance ...…"Support from O.R.k feat. Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson) and Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree)"

Wow, how cool.....so jealous of those who can meet up with fellow QQ'ers. I guess I live in the damn sticks....
:eek: I wouldn't call the US the sticks, though I've only ever been to New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, oh and changed flights at Cincinnati airport!

Its about 75-80 miles to the Bristol gig from where I live, and it must be about the same distance from where svengaleekie lives. It was nice meeting up again at a great gig, and probably boring my brother with our ravings over surround music :ROFLMAO:

Just scored 3rd row tickets at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles for Rodrigo y Gabriela! (On my bucket list of bands :) )

I saw them at the Warfield a few years ago, they are not to be missed. You are in for a treat.

Saw Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets last night... WOW!!! Anyone seeing this is in for a treat! The musicianship is top notch, the sound quality and volume level was perfect, but most of all, all the early Pink Floyd songs (which I honestly don't listen to much) sound Sooooo much better live than on the recordings... see this tour if you can... Nick and band were having a ball, and so were we!

I saw them in San Francisco the night before you, really great show. Even managed to snap a good picture or two:

2uq0ffs.jpg

I'm going to The ENO's performance of The Magic Flute next week:

This is the last opera of their 2018/19 season, should be great fun and I'm also looking forward to the new season's production announcements on the 3rd April.

My tickets for OZZY got canceled at Shoreline and rescheduled and now this. All these guys are starting to have health issues.
The Rolling Stones have announced the postponement of their No Filter Tour. The promoter is working on rescheduling your show now.
The Rolling Stones
Levi's Stadium
Saturday, May 18th at 7:30PM

NEW DATE: To Be Announced

Last night - Marcus Miller “Electric Miles” @ Rose Theater (Jazz at Lincoln Center). Covering Mile Davis’ output from In A Silent Way thru Tutu and Amandla. Killer band featuring Vernon Reid (Living Colour) and some amazing horn players in Russell Gunn & Marquis Hill. This particular brand of jazz is not typically my wife’s cup o tea - but even she was blown away. Amazing venue, sound & performance!

Last edited:
Getting excited for the Strawbs 50th Anniversary celebration in NJ at the end of April. Rick Wakeman had to cancel his appearance, but the guests include Larry Fast, Annie Haslam, and Blue Weaver.

https://strawbs50.com/
Seen the Strawbs loads of times and they're always great (the Acoustic Strawbs are good as well), plus you've a great set of guests!

Last Saturday, Lighthouse on their 50th Anniversary tour.
Really basic stage set up but they sounded great and current singer Dan Clancy sounds a lot like Bob McBride.
Excellent show in a small 500 seat venue

Back