The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see Kraftwerk 3-D is touring North America this summer.
Probably not up for a thousand mile round trip and night in a hotel to see them, getting too old.

Looks like mostly theaters, which would seem the best type of venue for it.
One stop at Red Rocks June 30 for an outdoor show, that should be a wild scene with the Denver EDM freaks.

View attachment 75325
Daaaang, yeah, the year and a half I lived in Denver it was wild and EDM freaks everywhere, including my ex roommate who took me to Decadence 2017, Jantsen and Tsuruda gigs; Red Rocks seems like the best venue for this ("MOLLY!??" was the word although I did not indulge, too scary for my 55+ year old heart)...at least I saw Peter Frampton there

Wow, I wasn't sure if I'd ever be contributing to this thread again, but I just bought tickets for my son and I to see Wishbone Ash perform Argus (and other tunes) at a small club in May... We got a front row table!:LB
(by the way, their latest album, "Coat of Arms" , their 23rd studio album, is excellent)

Wow, I wasn't sure if I'd ever be contributing to this thread again, but I just bought tickets for my son and I to see Wishbone Ash perform Argus (and other tunes) at a small club in May... We got a front row table!:LB
(by the way, their latest album, "Coat of Arms" , their 23rd studio album, is excellent)

Jealous. One of my favorite albums.

ZWc.jpeg

well, I didn't know whether to post this on the "Classical Music" thread or this one... but I guess it's THIS one..
Was lucky enough to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra last Saturday night...
A BRILLIANT concert...
Mrs. Marin Alsop conducting ... she has a VERY physical way of conducting, she was Lenny Baby's student...
a child prodigy, Lukáš Vondráček, played the piano like he intended to break it APART!.. reminded me of a Marx Bros. movie where Harpo destroys the piano and winds up with a harp...speaking of Minnie's boys I am sure I stayed in the same room one/several of them stayed in at the Majestic Theater/Hotel building at one point in their life...
Here is the program.. curiously enough the Barber was VERY intense too..
I must say that the acoustics in this place are MARVELOUS and I could hear EVERYTHING going on in the back of the Orchestra, definitely worth the experience; there was a point during Rach's Piano Concerto no. 2 that the basses were REALLY LOUD and my body was vibrating with the low notes and from the LOUD timpani.. I was in the 4th row almost center...the 1st violins sounded sooo "creamy" and there was this gorgeous cellist wearing a taffeta (taffeta, darling!!!) long skirt who was a joy to look at too, no other female performer wore this combination which I guess the Fashion Police was not trying to enforce....
(4th row and the 4th and 5th seat from the right)
IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

WA was the last show we attended before the virus. Very nice evening as Savoy Brown was there also.

Last night, my wife and I saw Judas Priest at Peoria, IL Civic Center Theater. Honest to God, it was an amazing show. Halford, for the most part, can still kill it. I was a bit shocked that he still sounds this good at his age. Overall, the show was a knockout. Yeah, my videos aren't that great, I'm a rookie for sure. Ahead of us were 3 short rows of VIP, otherwise, my seats were considered row A. Amazing view.

Last night, my wife and I saw Judas Priest at Peoria, IL Civic Center Theater. Honest to God, it was an amazing show. Halford, for the most part, can still kill it. I was a bit shocked that he still sounds this good at his age. Overall, the show was a knockout. Yeah, my videos aren't that great, I'm a rookie for sure. Ahead of us were 3 short rows of VIP, otherwise, my seats were considered row A. Amazing view.
It looks like you Posted a video but it is unviewable.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS

Excellent stuff! I saw Priest twice a long long long time ago when I was but a boy, once on the Unleashed In The East tour, once on the British Steel tour, both at good old Hammersmith Odeon. :rocks

Back