The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Bjork album, please! And after that, the new Eno album!
I so agree with you on the upcoming Bjork album. I forgot how much I loved the music until about a month ago - found all of her multi-channel discs in a pawn shop for $10.00 with a note on all of them that said 'final sale - probably defective'. I suspected they didn't know that they weren't CDs and when I asked, the guy said 'we can't get them to play - it's all noise or they don't read'. That was all I needed to hear.
Now, hopefully the new album isn't part of a $500.00 box set, filled with a bunch of stuff that I have no interest in.

I so agree with you on the upcoming Bjork album. I forgot how much I loved the music until about a month ago - found all of her multi-channel discs in a pawn shop for $10.00 with a note on all of them that said 'final sale - probably defective'. I suspected they didn't know that they weren't CDs and when I asked, the guy said 'we can't get them to play - it's all noise or they don't read'. That was all I needed to hear.
Now, hopefully the new album isn't part of a $500.00 box set, filled with a bunch of stuff that I have no interest in.
Deep green with envy re your pawnshop win--but as a kindred spirit, also deeply happy for you!

You can pre-order the album here, but it looks like the Atmos mix may be streaming-only:
https://bjork.bandcamp.com/album/fossora

Oh Lordy, what would I buy, for sure?!
(Assuming a verified great mix)

Any Halsey album
Any The Weeknd album
The Killers (as mentioned)
Megadeth Rust in Peace
Tom Petty Wildflowers
Any Pearl Jam album
Rush Moving Pictures
Any Coldplay album
Any Lady Gaga album (except Star is Born)
Sublime S/T
Any Sting album
Any David Bowie album
Def Leppard Diamond Star Halos
Blink-182 Enema of the State
STP Tiny Music
Imagine Dragons Mercury Acts I & 2
Asia S/T
Lindsey Buckingham S/T
Mastodon Hushed and Grim
Lamb of God Ashes of the Wake
Any Tori Amos album
Any Paul McCartney album
Elton John Diamonds

These suggestions are already mixed! Ready to author to a blu-ray! Selected from Apple Music Spatial Audio.

Ps. I'm concerned that this SDE blu-ray initiative might flounder if some legit desirable titles aren't chosen. Soon.
E.g. I've only bought one of five, so far, as much as I love the initiative.
I don't care if I ever hear "I Don't Care" ever again. It's annoying.

Last edited:
Oh Lordy, what would I buy, for sure?!
(Assuming a verified great mix)

Any Halsey album
Any The Weeknd album
The Killers (as mentioned)
Megadeth Rust in Peace
Tom Petty Wildflowers
Any Pearl Jam album
Rush Moving Pictures
Any Coldplay album
Any Lady Gaga album (except Star is Born)
Sublime S/T
Any Sting album
Any David Bowie album
Def Leppard Diamond Star Halos
Blink-182 Enema of the State
STP Tiny Music
Imagine Dragons Mercury Acts I & 2
Asia S/T
Lindsey Buckingham S/T
Mastodon Hushed and Grim
Lamb of God Ashes of the Wake
Any Tori Amos album
Any Paul McCartney album
Elton John Diamonds

These suggestions are already mixed! Ready to author to a blu-ray! Selected from Apple Music Spatial Audio.

Ps. I'm that this SDE blu-ray might flounder if some legit desirable titles aren't chosen.
E.g. I've only bought one of five, so far, as much as I love the initiative.
I don't care if I ever hear "I Don't Care" ever again. It's annoying.
ANY COCTEAU TWINS ALBUM!!!!
(sorry if I sound like a broken record ...*tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record****tick* ..oken record***)

Apologies if this has been already been posted - from Paul's Twitter:

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 12.19.02 PM.png

Back